2015 V6 - how to dampen throttle for smoothe take off

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
Most threads I found were for increasing throttle response, not what I'm after.

My wife's throttle is very sensitive coming off closed throttle making the car lurch forward - could this be a badly adjusted throttle position sensor, although I don't think these are adjustable with the drive by wire throttle bodies.

Any suggestions to dampen this coming off closed throttle would be most welcome.

Note, we bought this car used, but as far as I can tell it is stock standard.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Only way I can really think of it getting a tune and having them turn down throttle response or maybe putting some sort of spring underneath her pedal that makes it tougher to depress?

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Have you had it checked by a mechanic familiar with the Mustang and can do diagnostics yet?- There may be adjustments, I had warranty work on the TB and a reflash-as an alternative to spending money on a tune...? Do you know if it might have a 3.55 in it? Mine does, and it took a little getting used to, but in "normal" mode, I don't notice anything remarkable. "Sport" is another story, lol. Too much in traffic, but fine on my own. (maybe get better results in the V6 section?)

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
If you have selectible driving modes, "snow/rain" is the wimpiest throttle response.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
also look at what shoes she's wearing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
1004ron

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
also look at what shoes she's wearing.
No, its not that - I feel it when driving and took some adapting to it.

From a standstill, if you're not very gentle easing on the throttle it surges forward and you've got to resist the reflex action to release the throttle.

The only other mode that I know of on this V6 is selecting the gear shifter to "S" and using the steering paddle shifters - I haven't given that a try to see if it has an impact on pull off.

I've read elsewhere of two procedures, one to disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes then start it and don't touch the throttle for as long as it takes to go from cold to normal operating temperature, and the other was just turning on the ignition and slowly pushing the throttle to MAX then releasing it.

Don't think there's any harm in try both methods, but would like to hear from you guys if that sounds like a cure.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
You can also use the S(port) mode without the paddles-it changes throttle reaction, raises shift points, hardens the shifts, and holds gear if you feather the throttle.

I'd try the disconnect battery method for sure. When I had throttle body issues, that was a method to reset it-until it was fixed. It will also reset the Automatic Transmission Adaptive Learning (pg 138 in owners' manual) which may help as well. HTH
Sponsored