Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Warranty 2019 GT goes to the track!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Gotcha... one thing I thought I might mention. IF you are looking at one of the superchargers with a warranty. I was told they go by the mileage on the car. IE if you are already past 36,000 miles... no warranty so you might as well get a more aggressive tune.
I only have 7000 miles. I am leaning toward a Roush....primarily because a local Ford dealer sells them and has a Senior Tech who has done several installations.
Sponsored

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
I beleive Heinz's car is Running E85 and Custom tune as stated by Terry in another post and I would like to know what other mods ie headers - suspension ect are on this car.I am curious to see what a Bone stock 18/19GT with the Stage 2 kit can do in good conditions with pump gas on Edelbrocks 93 octane tune.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I beleive Heinz's car is Running E85 and Custom tune as stated by Terry in another post and I would like to know what other mods ie headers - suspension ect are on this car.I am curious to see what a Bone stock 18/19GT with the Stage 2 kit can do in good conditions with pump gas on Edelbrocks 93 octane tune.
That is exactly what I would like to see. I don't care about 9s. I don't really want to go to a custom tune at this point, either. What I am looking for is a reasonably safe system that will let me run in the high 10s in decent air with just a tire and rear suspension upgrades. I am not seeing any of the stage 1 kits doing that. 100mphclub's results are not what I would have expected, based on the HP claim of that kit.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
The is not making 600whp trapping low 120’s, period end of story.

120-122 mph is 450-475whp territory assuming a10.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Little update. The car is probably slower after the 93 tune was added because of traction. It definitely helped power wise. So that’s positive news. However the belt is looking worse on the inside. Edelbrock said an email was coming about a belt replacement but I have not seen an email yet.
Boost logging parts are on the way. Street logging first, then I have a dyno location setup (dynojet). If I don’t hear back from them soon, I’ll buy my own belt locally. No excuses when I post numbers. They will be as good as I can make them with what I’ve been sold.

Sponsored

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
I am having my stage 2 installed next week. I am bone stock almost, I have a roush catback and SR lowering springs (so that pretty much qualifies) and will be able to put up dyno numbers before and after (same day). I will be getting it to the track in 2 weeks, and can put up times after that.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I would agree, looking at the Stage II

You still get the warranty, that’s probably the way to go.

However, for resale value down the road it’s Roush.

All I would really want is a 10.8/10.9 on a DR and I think the Roush will do that, I also believe the Edelbrock Stage 1 will too. Just have to get this last little hiccup fixed, and u will

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I am considering stage II also.....or a whipple and not worrying about warranty.

I would be thrilled if the Roush would hit 10s but I am not so sure wirh their conservative tune.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, I am considering stage II also.....or a whipple and not worrying about warranty.

I would be thrilled if the Roush would hit 10s but I am not so sure wirh their conservative tune.
The Roush has already gone 10’s on Dr’s, but if your not worried about warranty I would just go Whipple Stage II and have Lund tune it.

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I do not want to mess with a tune after spending money for the blower kit which comes with a tune. I haven't seen Roush equipped cars with their standard tune run 10s. Not saying they won't but I just
haven't seen any.

I have DRs and BMR cradle lockout kit.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I do not want to mess with a tune after spending money for the blower kit which comes with a tune. I haven't seen Roush equipped cars with their standard tune run 10s. Not saying they won't but I just
haven't seen any.

You said u don't care about warranty, go with a Whipple Stage II tuner kit and have Lund tune the setup

You’ll gain 60rw over the Whipple canned tune

Now if u want the warranty then yes, go Stage II with the canned tune

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I suspect a stage II from either Edelbrock or Whipple would meet my needs without additional tuning. I am not looking to set records or put any more stress on engine internals or driveline than necessary....as long as I can play favorably with Hellcats.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I suspect a stage II from either Edelbrock or Whipple would meet my needs without additional tuning. I am not looking to set records or put any more stress on engine internals or driveline than necessary....as long as I can play favorably with Hellcats.
I agree, either kit will get you there with the canned tune and u still have a warranty

Smart idea

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Paul your car has the potential. She's upset for some reason. You will find the culprit and she will move out like a shop lifter on black Friday.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
haven't seen any.

There’s a video on here of a 2018 A10 with Roush kit going 10.88 on a non-prepped track with their latest tune. Other guys with the same setup are reporting the same. MT82 no you won’t get high 10’s on any base setup with canned tune. And you can have R rated tires to handle the power without voiding the warranty
Sponsored