Sponsored

Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Which gauges are you using?

GT Gauges (Oil Pressure & Vacuum) and EB Gauges (Oil Pressure & Vacuum/Boost) has MyColor
and GT350 Gauges (Oil Pressure & Oil Temp) does not have MyColor.
Im using the GT gauges
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
With rhe digital cluster you have Primary, Secondary, and Ambient. Changing the Primary color changes the color of the gauges. Also, since it’s tied into lights, you won’t get color until the light sensor says it’s dark enough.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
With rhe digital cluster you have Primary, Secondary, and Ambient. Changing the Primary color changes the color of the gauges. Also, since it’s tied into lights, you won’t get color until the light sensor says it’s dark enough.
I have my primary on green. Didn't know they were tied in with the headlights, Ill try it again when I replug it later today. Thanks

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 GT Premium. I will confirm it is plug and play... also MyColor does work also and no tune needed for me
2F6B70B7-D606-4A25-A987-439B138D3BDA.jpeg

Sponsored

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Hi guys.

I have a '17 GT export model. I already got the gauges from a forummember. But I'm having trouble finding the trim I need. Anyone have a lead on a set?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No

No one here has that good a skill Condor!
Oh Hogwash!!!

You don't even need to do that much. The only thing you DO need, is TIME. Time that you're willing to spend on doing something yourself.

A Dremel, some JB Weld, a little fiberglass or carbon fiber, and you're on your way. You'd be very surprised at what you can accomplish, if you just put your mind to it.

One of the biggest problems in America today, is our young men aren't willing to spend a little time to do things for themselves.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
One of the biggest problems in America today, is our young men aren't willing to spend a little time to do things for themselves.
I'm not that young and not american, so guess this doesn’t apply to me.
But I spend two years straight while working my ass off, to earn enough money to buy my 110k USD Mustang in cash. That was time and dedication. :muscle:

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Looking for dash trim if anybody is selling.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Looking for dash trim if anybody is selling.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why the Chinese haven't come up with a carbon fiber version. They have carbon fiber 3-vent dash trims on Ebay for about $300, yet none with the PP-gauges. Also, it isn't much of a step to make it a full dash bezel that has the clips and everything. They'd sell a boat load of them. Unless there is some kind of licensing or patent that prevents them from doing it.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
For the life of me, I can't figure out why the Chinese haven't come up with a carbon fiber version. They have carbon fiber 3-vent dash trims on Ebay for about $300, yet none with the PP-gauges. Also, it isn't much of a step to make it a full dash bezel that has the clips and everything. They'd sell a boat load of them. Unless there is some kind of licensing or patent that prevents them from doing it.
Maybe they need a hint as they might not be aware of the potential... If all cars have the plug pre-installed as from 2016 it would at least be easy to get one gauge up and runing as I suppose even with the plug you need a tune for the oil pressure gauge (setting change from switch to transducer).

rii_505

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2018
I just installed the pp dash trim with the gauges in a 2018 ecoboost, non premium, i can confirm the plug is behind the radio and the oil pressure gauge does not work. any ideas?
Sponsored