Need help with rear plastic after emblem swap

bizlipkick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys, just picked up a 19 gt pp1 and was doing the emblem swap to the black out emblems. The rear black plastic will not sit flush after reinstall, its only like a cm or so down but now I cannot "unsee" it. I have pulled the plastic off and reinstalled 4 times, pushed it all the way up when I was putting in the 7mm screws, I have tried everything and it wont sit flush. Anyone else have this and know how to fix it or am I stuck just having to buy a new rear plastic piece? Thanks,

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Looks normal to me. Looking at it from that height, mine has that gap and I haven't taken it off once.

OP
OP

bizlipkick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Okay, Ill be honest I didn't look at it before I did the swap, so a good chance it might be normal.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
IIRC isn't there some sort of foam or sealant that sits up there? Can't tell from the pic but the best way to tell how it's sitting is if it's in-line with the taillight pieces. If that little bit of color bleeding out above it bothers you, it might just be more cost-effective to get some pinstriping tape like what I linked below, take off the lid, stick a piece up there, and put it back on over it. Nobody going to notice anything unless they're within sniffing distance.
https://www.amazon.com/ORACAL-Gloss...pe+tape+black&qid=1567907942&s=gateway&sr=8-2

I wouldn't go ordering new pieces because it could just be the way it sits on your trunk and you'd just be pissing away money.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, Ill be honest I didn't look at it before I did the swap, so a good chance it might be normal.
I had noticed the same thing about my 2018 only because I had never looked at the gap that closely before.
Sponsored