Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a resonated X-pipe and resonators you should have no rasp. There's a difference between rasp (metallic, tinny) and clarity of tone. A lot of people like that ultra smooth, deep tone. These systems aren't that, but they are exceptionally clear and crisp.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
If you have a resonated X-pipe and resonators you should have no rasp. There's a difference between rasp (metallic, tinny) and clarity of tone. A lot of people like that ultra smooth, deep tone. These systems aren't that, but they are exceptionally clear and crisp.
Hey bmacil, if this is in response to my post, I should have been more clear. I dont have the resonated version for fear it would get too quiet. I have the regular 3 inch X with vibrants attached.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bmacil, if this is in response to my post, I should have been more clear. I dont have the resonated version for fear it would get too quiet. I have the regular 3 inch X with vibrants attached.
It was. And no cats?

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
It was. And no cats?
Yup - Mak Cat deletes - Vibrant resonators - MF 3inch X - Corsa Catback ... Exhaust is 3inch front to back
Nice Rich tone, Cold start is still a little loud, but that should be expected for anyone running no Cats.
The original raspiness has mellowed over time which is why I say a little when leaning into the peddle. -- Coming from a Solo exhaust that was deep and very little rasp if any. The switch was all about cabin volume and Corsa can not be beat :) Getting old

Thought I snapped a pic while under the car last week -

Sponsored

Simon.V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
So I have the MAK Cat Deletes and Corsa Sport Catback installed on my 2018. It was originally to loud, living in a condo building so I installed this Magnaflow 11386 Tru-X Muffler
https://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/11386/10002/-1

Now I moved into a single family home and want the car a little bit louder again. (That muffler toned it down way to much).

Do you guys think replacing the muffler with something like these bullet/bottle style mufflers would make the car louder or do you think it would be the same volume? Any suggestions? Thanks.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-14419

Or

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-1794

Do you have any exhaust clips of the MAK cat delete with your corsa sports? How did you like them?
I am thinking about pairing the cat delete with my xtremes! :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any exhaust clips of the MAK cat delete with your corsa sports? How did you like them?
I am thinking about pairing the cat delete with my xtremes! :)
Just say no...

Here is a video review with the Sports and cat deletes. It sounds great. With stock headers & cats, Xtreme is great. It'll be untuned, stupid-loud noise with cat deletes. Don't be one of the hundreds of people with Xtreme or Roush + X pipe that went LTs or cat deletes and then posted up a thread on how to tone it down because they can't enjoy it or they got tickets or complaints. Just get the Touring axleback (from the sport catback) and continue to enjoy the car.

Simon.V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
Just say no...

Here is a video review with the Sports and cat deletes. It sounds great. With stock headers & cats, Xtreme is great. It'll be untuned, stupid-loud noise with cat deletes. Don't be one of the hundreds of people with Xtreme or Roush + X pipe that went LTs or cat deletes and then posted up a thread on how to tone it down because they can't enjoy it or they got tickets or complaints. Just get the Touring axleback (from the sport catback) and continue to enjoy the car.

Thanks for the video Bmac, very informative! I will be hearing the Xtreme with cat deletes in person sometime this week, maybe I’ll like it maybe I won’t?

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Anything added to the corsa sports will kill it. I had extremes on with dynomax bullets mid mount as resonator . I swapped to corsa sports and left the dynomax bullets on but it killed the sound. Yanked the bullets out and happy now with lth and corsa sports

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
That video sums it up perfectly.... Corsa is not my favorite for outside sound.... However, Corsa can not be touched for in-cabin volume and anti-drone (im getting old).

Removing the cats will add more rasp to any system - I had a chance to hear other cars with Corsa setups and the touring was the muffler to get. I passed on the helix, and purchased a magna flow 3 inch in and out and vibrant resonators. Added 3 inch pinch piping to mate up to the corsas.

Idle the car sound wonderful after the cold start calms down. Revving it, people hold their ears. Nothing but thumbs up and positive comments.

The cars i have heard with the extreme setup and no catz I feel totally killed the tone and just became very loud and raspy..... However, it really comes down to preference. If making people jump when you start the car is what your after, you will get it with the extremes, those bitches are extreme with no catz. --- Also, could win you a few dollars in exhaust contest :)

Simon.V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
Thank you everyone for chiming in, a local guy was selling his cat deletes for a price I couldn't say no to!
If it's too much I'll swap out the mufflers for the touring as suggested in the video BmacIL shared.

I was also able to hear the corsa LTH paired with the extremes in person.. when people say it will wake the dead that pretty much sums it up.
Sponsored