Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all you Mustang enthusiasts.. Just wanted to share an experience i've noticed after installing a SC to my 2017 GT.

Sometimes It feels like I've been given a heap of Christmas presents that i'll never quite get the chance to fully unwrap ...lol.
The extra power is just ... insane but in a good but frustrating way..

Trying to get a fast controllable launch from a stand still is an art in its self.

Trying to accelerate as hard as possible while rolling along a 60km without smoking the tires.. While the car next to me just plants his foot an accelerates away..

Don't get me wrong i absolutely love the SC but ... i'm interested to know if this a shared love/hate relationship with you guys
Sponsored

Last edited:

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
No, I love it all the time! The tires breaking lose is a lot of fun if it’s controlled.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You didn’t mention what tires your on. Street tires. Forget about it. I like having that kinda power. I’m on drag radials. I can punch it from 40. And walk just about everything on the street. Launching is an art. Learn the throttle is not an on off button. If you wanna mash the throttle from a dead stop and not spin. I recommend something with less than 200hp. Back to launching. anything worth doing is worth doing at a high level. I get bored with regular powered cars.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
You have the wrong tires no mater what they currently are. Can't do much about launching from a dig, although good tires will help some, but I can tell you that unless my tires are cold\wet I don't roast them from a roll. I leave fools. Also locking down your irs will help you launch.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Tires and suspension/chassis mods. 5k in goodies should really help out a lot. I see you have some suspension mods though IDK what

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Hi all you Mustang enthusiasts.. Just wanted to share an experience i've noticed after installing a SC to my 2017 GT.

Sometimes It feels like I've been given a heap of Christmas presents that i'll never quite get the chance to fully unwrap ...lol.
The extra power is just ... insane but in a good but frustrating way..

Trying to get a fast controllable launch from a stand still is an art in its self.

Trying to accelerate as hard as possible while rolling along a 60km without smoking the tires.. While the car next to me just plants his foot an accelerates away..

Don't get me wrong i absolutely love the SC but ... i'm interested to know if this a shared love/hate relationship with you guys
I remember once I was accelerating on the freeway ramp in parallel with some economy korean car. My powerful car was spinning wheels and it was dangerous to get sideways. we were moving same speed.

My car is NA.

You need very good tires if you're SC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Western Stang

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You didn’t mention what tires your on. Street tires. Forget about it. I like having that kinda power. I’m on drag radials. I can punch it from 40. And walk just about everything on the street. Launching is an art. Learn the throttle is not an on off button. If you wanna mash the throttle from a dead stop and not spin. I recommend something with less than 200hp. Back to launching. anything worth doing is worth doing at a high level. I get bored with regular powered cars.
Interesting some good points there mate...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Western Stang

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You have the wrong tires no mater what they currently are. Can't do much about launching from a dig, although good tires will help some, but I can tell you that unless my tires are cold\wet I don't roast them from a roll. I leave fools. Also locking down your irs will help you launch.
Point taken thank you

OP
OP
Western Stang

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Tires and suspension/chassis mods. 5k in goodies should really help out a lot. I see you have some suspension mods though IDK what
Put a set of KING spring 26 -28mm drop progressive

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Without going over the top .. What tiers would you recommend ?
I'm running MP4S right now on mine and they grip really good after 2nd gear is done. Any summer tire is going to have a rough time but if you're using the stock pirellis you might as well have bars of soap for tires. You can move to DRs but then you're risking breaking stuff.

Right now the tires are your fusible link, if the tires stick like glue you're going to find out what the next one is with the torque these kits put out.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Without going over the top .. What tiers would you recommend ?
Street tires. Nothing less than cup sports or toyo 888r.
Streetable drag radial. Nitto 555r
Best track Drag radials. Mickey Thompson et street R
Or nitto Nto5rs.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thank you for telling along with others to get those dr’s. The tires hooked every time I floor my supercharged car.
Sponsored