Recommendation for full suspension chassis

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
i have a 2019 mustang GT with PP1, 6spd and a Roush supercharger. I’m looking for the best suspension chassis set up to hook tires and handle really well on the street. I don’t track the car, but want it to be a street monster. I live in NH so I don’t want to lose the ride quality of the car if I can help it. I also don’t want to lower a whole lot if I don’t have 2 and inch or so would be fine. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Steeda whole catalog. But seriously, start with their stop the hop ultimate kit, then go from there. I did the starter kit but I am nowhere near your power levels, so you should start with the ultimate kit.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
i have a 2019 mustang GT with PP1, 6spd and a Roush supercharger. I’m looking for the best suspension chassis set up to hook tires and handle really well on the street. I don’t track the car, but want it to be a street monster. I live in NH so I don’t want to lose the ride quality of the car if I can help it. I also don’t want to lower a whole lot if I don’t have 2 and inch or so would be fine. Any thoughts?
Is lowering required? If not, button-up the rear with IRS parts (braces, etc) and get a set of adjustable swaybars.

If you want a lowered stance, I think the Steeda Sport springs would be a great fit. 200F/800R rates with a 1” drop; your front would lower a bit more with the blower — a great look. Throw on dampers (if you don’t have magnaride), roll center correction/bumpsteer kit, and IRS bits and you’re good to go.

- Mike

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t really comment on straight line tire hook at your power level, or the necessity of locking the rear sub frame as I haven’t experienced any wheel hop, which is odd considering I drive it like I stole it. So I’ll just talk a little about handling for the street, the PP1 suspension is great, but overpowers the stock P-zeros that my 17 came with when the camber is left at factory setting. Adding 1-3 deg camber really makes the P-zeros stick on corners, but doesn’t do anything for the annoying nose dive on hard braking, etc. Some lowering springs can stop the nose dive and help with handling by lowering the center of gravity and use of higher spring rates, of course that gives you even more decisions.......linear, or progressive rate, how much drop, oh and primary use of the car to figure out the actual spring rate. Other people’s opinions of the different lowering springs and the manufactures posted specs can guide you.
I opted for coil overs, because I like straight line launches AND curves, coilovers gives me the ability to dial the car in for both, and as I like to change my tire and wheel set up occasionally I can also adjust for that. Note that coilovers come at many different price levels, I have several different sets that I get though my company for testing on my personal car, right now I’m testing Racelands Primo setup, a high end AFCO set up, and a Viking DA/UPR set up, they vary in price from several thousand down to $700, so choose carefully! I will eventually post my opinions on these three set ups as I have currently just started testing the raceland set and have to work through the others.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
right now I’m testing Racelands Primo setup, a high end AFCO set up, and a Viking DA/UPR set up, they vary in price from several thousand down to $700
I'm really interested in hearing about that Viking setup! I've had my eyes on them but I haven't heard anything about them
Sponsored