GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Last edited:

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Looking for opinions on this listing.

https://www.capecoralchryslerdodgej...g-shelby-gt350-rwd-2d-coupe-1fa6p8jz1g5521006

I have 2019 GT A10, but I really miss a stick. My previous was an 08 Bullitt. This 16 is the exact color/stripe I like. Only option is Track Package 60T which I understand was optional in 16, but standard on 17+.

Any opinions appreciated!

According to the car fox, GPS Navigation was installed back in late July at the dealer. To many owners for my liking. I would say if you got it near that price as an out the door drive it off the lot price, I'd say you got a decent deal. Just my .02.

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
According to the car fox, GPS Navigation was installed back in late July at the dealer. To many owners for my liking. I would say if you got it near that price as an out the door drive it off the lot price, I'd say you got a decent deal. Just my .02.
I appreciate the input! The photo has the base 4”, not 8” sync. I think that may a dealer installed gps tracking anti theft “system” I see dealers are putting on to jack the price - the modern equivalent of pinstripes/undercoating.

So you’re thinking closer to $42K?

Thanks again!

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I appreciate the input! The photo has the base 4”, not 8” sync. I think that may a dealer installed gps tracking anti theft “system” I see dealers are putting on to jack the price - the modern equivalent of pinstripes/undercoating.

So you’re thinking closer to $42K?

Thanks again!
To be honest I'm not up to date on the current market value on that model year with that mileage. I would do a quick KBB inquiry and see what pops up. If you could get it for 42k, I would say that's a pretty good deal and fair market price.

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Jim,
It looks like this Florida GT350 started from Daytona, then made its way to Wesley Chapel/Tampa, then to Cape Coral/Naples. (3 owners). Noticed the battery cover is missing from the engine compartment. From the door jam sticker, it looks like this car was built on Tues Nov 3, 2015, with chassis #G0628. I bought my 2016 GT350 around the same time, from Apopka, FL. (Mine was built a month later, as chassis #G1245. The 4” Sync system in this car can be upgraded to the 8” Sync 3. I did this on mine, and also got the Nav and Sirius Satellite upgrade.

I would definitely test drive this car, and ask why previous owners didn’t keep it. Try to get an extended warranty. Make sure the Engine Oil Cooler Line recall was done to this car...If it all checks out, and you can get it for 42K it would be a good buy in my opinion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Jim,
It looks like this Florida GT350 started from Daytona, then made its way to Wesley Chapel/Tampa, then to Cape Coral/Naples. (3 owners). Noticed the battery cover is missing from the engine compartment. From the door jam sticker, it looks like this car was built on Tues Nov 3, 2015, with chassis #G0628. I bought my 2016 GT350 around the same time, from Apopka, FL. (Mine was built a month later, as chassis #G1245. The 4” Sync system in this car can be upgraded to the 8” Sync 3. I did this on mine, and also got the Nav and Sirius Satellite upgrade.

I would definitely test drive this car, and ask why previous owners didn’t keep it. Try to get an extended warranty. Make sure the Engine Oil Cooler Line recall was done to this car...If it all checks out, and you can get it for 42K it would be a good buy in my opinion.
John,

Thank you for the detailed response. I did see that this is been an all Florida car. Which I consider a small plus considering it didn’t see Detroit winters. (Maybe)

As for the three owners, no one would be thrilled by that. But I’ve noticed on these and some Corvettes, that a lot of people buy these as a whim, get it out of their system, Trade for something new and “improved” every two years, or say “what did I get myself into this is not as easy a Boulevard cruiser as I thought.”

But as you suggest I will ask them.

I have done the 4 inch to 8 inch swap to. It’s very easy without any surgery to the vehicle. I did not catch that in the photo. I consider it a plus.

Again thank you for your very valuable input. As well as ClayDee!

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I wouldn’t hold back on a car due to prior owners. My only considerations would be, how does it feel when driving?, and what did my independent mechanic say about the car when I had it inspected. Nothing else matters. At 40k ish, its a steal compared with anything in the market, including later year gt350’s.

One thing I’m wondering about is the life of the mag shocks. In the Audi R8’s they were blowing by 30k miles and cost 2k each. I’m hoping the ford part is better engineered.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
That seems to be a track pack, I would not hesitate. I sold mine for under that at 13k miles... but it was a private sale.

Even if you cannot squeeze another thousand out of the price, if in good condition, get it.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I’m wondering about is the life of the mag shocks. In the Audi R8’s they were blowing by 30k miles and cost 2k each. I’m hoping the ford part is better engineered.
Yeah, but it's an Audi. You can't expect any better... owned way too many, every time hoping it was just a one off; and that next one will be better.
EVERY SINGLE one I owned had some kind of semi-catastrophic failure that cost me thousands to repair on my own and many many bleeding knuckles..
Never ever again. And they are not in my list of previously owned cars, because I want to forget them..

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
That seems to be a track pack, I would not hesitate. I sold mine for under that at 13k miles... but it was a private sale.

Even if you cannot squeeze another thousand out of the price, if in good condition, get it.
I saw the track pack option 60. My understanding is that in 16, about 1300+ were built with the track pack. And in 17+ the track pack just became standard in “base” models. So while is desirable for me, it doesn’t seem rare.

I’m going to sharpen my numbers, and KBB looks like $45K for that mileage. With the track pack.

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I saw the track pack option 60. My understanding is that in 16, about 1300+ were built with the track pack. And in 17+ the track pack just became standard in “base” models. So while is desirable for me, it doesn’t seem rare.

I’m going to sharpen my numbers, and KBB looks like $45K for that mileage. With the track pack.
40k to 42k, would definitely be a good starting point on negotiating. Goodluck!

Deleted member 37397

I got my 16 with 1,900 miles last September for 49k, looked and still had the new car smell. Bought it from a dealer that sells nothing but toys, I took it to my ford dealer and had the cooler recall done and got an oil change. I’m now at 4200 miles and love this damn car.

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Update:

So I went to see and test drive the car this morning.

First, let me say the GT 350 is all it’s cracked up to be. From the exhaust note to the engine to the suspension, etc. No complaints here.

I’m coming from a 19 GT, 10 speed, 3.55, active exhaust, and Ford sport springs. I also have and 08 Bullitt highly modified.

I was surprised how light the clutch was compared to my Bullitt. There was noticeably more vibration from the 5.2 compared to my 5.0, but I had read that about the GT 350 and expected it. No issue with that. I did notice more trammel, again something I expected. The GT 350 actually sits 3/4 of an inch higher than my GT. All in all, great fun!

Now on to this car:

I went all over the car and noticed the following: there is a poorly repaired paint chip in the leading edge of the hood. Photo below. There were minor scrapes on both sides of the splitter. See poor photo below. They were a few minor chips and a hood and a couple in the stripes.

Of major concern was the fit and finish of the rear bumper. I know the body panels on this generation or subject to much debate, but the rear really did have a sag/gap Toward the tail light. Tough to see from the photo below, but you can actually see the connector, the body attachment clip, whatever you call it through the gap. This was present on both sides of the bumper. In equal amounts.

There were also small chips in the paint, that started to rust a little bit, in the drivers door sill just left of the scuff plate. It’s exactly where a foot would fall if you scuffed getting in and out, and we’re wearing golf cleats! It was kind of weird because they were small rounds chips, like rock chips you would find on a hood or grill. Forgot to take a picture.

Everything appeared to be stock. It was missing the battery cover. The dealer had installed some sort of GPS app based tracking system. It’s some sort of BS gps app-based tracking system dealers add to a lot of cars now. I told him it was worthless to me, that’s why I have insurance. That’s what that entry is on the Carfax. It is not a Ford 8” Sync retrofit, it’s just this dealer markup thing. It’s still has the base 4”. The interior was spotless. And in mint condition.

I liked the Recaros. I am of average build, and have a 33 inch waist. So they fit me fine. In fact I didn’t even notice them until I was giving the car one last look over. Getting in and out of them with no issue. It was pretty hot here today too, but no sweat issue.

Tires were Nitto 555, original size with lots of tread.

Dealer did not have any information and the first two owners, only that the last owner was “a little old man who barely drove the car and babied it and kept a garage all the time.”

There was no defects in the finish, but there was definitely a good amount of swirl and enough that there would need to be a complete pain reconditioning. Certainly not covered babied waxed etc. It’s whole life.

The dealer try to go down the road of how rare, exclusive, babied, etc. this car was. I stopped him and told him about the production numbers, the lack of any particular rarity, and all the defects above.

I told him this was exactly what I was looking for, a car that I can drive every weekend, not a garage queen, not something to take to shows, just something that if I get a ding I won’t lose any sleep over. I don’t really care about the defects as much as I want the defects to be baked into the price.

Which is true, I don’t want a car that I will freak if a bird crap sign it, or gets another hood ding or if I scuff the door sill. That’s why I was looking for a sub 45,000 GT 350. I can buy a mint, babied, 16 GT 350 all day long at 50000. And I know that a 16 GT 350 in oxford white, will never be collectible. I just want to drive a GT 350!

No complaints about the dealer, they were very polite, non-pushy, encouraged to test drive, and otherwise no pressure. There a jeep dodge Chrysler, so they knew very little about mustangs.

Anyway, I left and told him I would be in touch. I’m now thinking 41K, 42 max. I could live with this car in defects at 41K. But, I’ll probably walk.

I really appreciate everyone’s input. It was super valuable. THANK YOU!

(Excuse any typos, I’m using voice to text on my iPhone)
CF51CCF6-1F8D-47E1-B4C9-EFDE5DCBBE32.jpeg
5D9A67D2-117C-428F-9CD9-4DCF90850D1D.jpeg
554D6AC7-67CC-4CE4-B61F-C592280DFDE4.jpeg

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Jim,
I was wondering about the tires, been replaced, that's good news, tires are expensive for this car, and with the original Michelin tires, trammeling was probably a lot worse. Don't look like over 1k worth of paint correction, body work, panel adjustments to me. Clutch will feel better with the Steeda clutch spring.
Florida driving, especially on interstate is going to bring rock chips, as you know. I did the expel wrap on the whole front end of mine and I still have a couple of dings. It don't sound like any modifications were done at all to this car, this could be a good thing, depends on how you look at it, although you aren't getting any free MODS included.
With all the things you pointed out to the dealer, they should negotiate with you. I know you'll do the right thing.
I keep thinking I should look into a 18' or 19' GT350, but then I realize, I love my 16', I'm keeping it.

Fpetro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350 Saleen S 281
Guess it’s time to list mine
Sponsored