Sponsored

Environmental contribution

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
September greetings - We Bullitt owners can be proud of our contributions to the the environmental cause these past two years by buying green cars - Highland Green that is... Bruce
I always tell people i bought a greene car. Then they laugh when i tell them it is a green stang. It is not bad on gas....depending. Did a 650 mi trip....freeway at 75 to 80....25 mpg.....130 mi of curves in mostly 3rd ...18

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
I always tell people i bought a greene car. Then they laugh when i tell them it is a green stang. It is not bad on gas....depending. Did a 650 mi trip....freeway at 75 to 80....25 mpg.....130 mi of curves in mostly 3rd ...18
Hi - I havenā€™t been on a lengthy trip with the Bullitt yet, just some day trips (3G on the odometer). My overall milage is around 21 to 22 mpg. Hopefully later this month we can take a nice trip if my wife has enough confidence in her 6 speed capabilities. At my age (77) we have to occasionally switch drivers. She did okay with the ā€˜92 Vette 6 speed, but is less comfortable with the GTO 4 speed. I trick her into driving by occasionally having a beer with my meal and telling her I would feel better if she drove. The highway milage will be okay, but never great with 3.73 gearing (the Vette was around 1200 rpm at 60 mph). We donā€™t buy these cars with milage efficiency in mind but a trip with some decent milage can be psychologically satisfying. We find the standard seats to be very comfortable, so a long trip in the Bullitt will be acceptable. Besides, there is less room for shopping bags than in the Impala (always have to be thinking ahead, right?)... Bruce

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
The
Hi - I havenā€™t been on a lengthy trip with the Bullitt yet, just some day trips (3G on the odometer). My overall milage is around 21 to 22 mpg. Hopefully later this month we can take a nice trip if my wife has enough confidence in her 6 speed capabilities. At my age (77) we have to occasionally switch drivers. She did okay with the ā€˜92 Vette 6 speed, but is less comfortable with the GTO 4 speed. I trick her into driving by occasionally having a beer with my meal and telling her I would feel better if she drove. The highway milage will be okay, but never great with 3.73 gearing (the Vette was around 1200 rpm at 60 mph). We donā€™t buy these cars with milage efficiency in mind but a trip with some decent milage can be psychologically satisfying. We find the standard seats to be very comfortable, so a long trip in the Bullitt will be acceptable. Besides, there is less room for shopping bags than in the Impala (always have to be thinking ahead, right?)... Bruce
The bullitt is a different mustang. I traded in my black pp stang with a few mods. Really a striking fast car. The 15 had less hp..but short gears...fast. All the options like the 50 yr anv ....pp..electronics. All said on a road with curves...the bullitt woud walk away....480 hp and magnaride suspension. No comparison on curves. Mostly use 3rd gear...some times 2nd. Dont need to shift....just drive and enjoy.
The only mod i have done so far is replace the front resonator with an h pipe. Sounds perfect! Very happy with the car. It is pretty much the same car as my 15 only with a great motor...suspension. Opps...a green bullitt also. All said...this car is for driving on curves.....much better car than i am driver.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
The

The bullitt is a different mustang. I traded in my black pp stang with a few mods. Really a striking fast car. The 15 had less hp..but short gears...fast. All the options like the 50 yr anv ....pp..electronics. All said on a road with curves...the bullitt woud walk away....480 hp and magnaride suspension. No comparison on curves. Mostly use 3rd gear...some times 2nd. Dont need to shift....just drive and enjoy.
The only mod i have done so far is replace the front resonator with an h pipe. Sounds perfect! Very happy with the car. It is pretty much the same car as my 15 only with a great motor...suspension. Opps...a green bullitt also. All said...this car is for driving on curves.....much better car than i am driver.
It even handles curves well without magniride (even the base suspension tech is solid af). Took mine down a country road last week and put it through some paces. Not as much fighting curves, more like skating on pavement. Sure, I could take that curve at 85 if I had magna, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it at 75.

As for gas mileage, my NA_2.3 '05 ST gets about 24 or so. Bullitt gets about 22 or so for most trips (24 if I am a good boy & 20 if I channel Frank). How people drive can often have a larger impact than the actual car. I am not saying it is "good" for the environment, but I am saying there is far worse being driven by far worse drivers. If ford dropped a tesla engine in an AWD mustang, I'd buy it.
Sponsored