Sponsored

Colour choice

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Have you ever changed a car, merely for a particular colour?

I have a Black Mustang GT, PP1. But, back in 2017, I had a Magnetic colour, and much prefer that colour.

Currently, I have my car 'agent' looking for a Magentic GT PP1 or not, at a decent price. I feel as if the black is so common, and you can see every bloody spot on that thing, too...
Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
I have never traded cars just based on color, but I have had two black cars, and will never have another. They are absolutely gorgeous when CLEAN, but it is near impossible to keep them that way as a DD.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

I have a Black Mustang GT, PP1. But, back in 2017, I had a Magnetic colour, and much prefer that colour.

Currently, I have my car 'agent' looking for a Magentic GT PP1 or not, at a decent price. I feel as if the black is so common, and you can see every bloody spot on that thing, too...
No but I bought a car for a particular colour and payed extra for it since Grabber Blue holds a premium even in Europe :(

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
Whats a car agent?

Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase

Nope, I would have preferred a magnetic grey, but sometimes you find a deal in a disagreeable color, that you just can’t pass up. That’s how I ended up with a white mustang GT, I went shopping for a new 18 at the time, not really caring if it was a GT or Eco. Found a New Blue GT in the next city over for $29k. Continued to look few several days, then spied a white mustang on the used car section of a dealers lot, looked at it, It was a 17 GT W/PP had Airraid cold air, MGW shifter, Borla cat-back and few other things done to it, and only 843 miles. Dealer wanted $27k. I walked away that day, but in looking the car over I found a receipt for the MGW install done by the PO, I called him up, he had traded it for a new explorer because he had gotten a back injury at work shortly after purchase and could no longer drive it.
Anyway, returned to the dealer, made an offer, proceeded to walk out of the office while writing the contract ....3 times....lol! They finally got the message and I got the car for $22k.
So, while you’re shopping keep an open mind.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I'm on my 4th Black GT and it's the only color for me. When they are properly cleaned and waxed Black cars look the best.

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've never traded just to change colors but when I do trade I always get a different color and I know what color I want when I trade.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Lol ... I won’t buy a car if it’s not black.

I wash it every 2-4 weeks depending how dirty it is I quess. I also have a garage so that helps and I have a black truck that I use for bad weather.

Love Black vehicles. Even my Harley is black.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I'd wrap it. No way in hell I'm selling mine just for color. Put too much work into it I'd never get back.

If dailyd I'd 100% wrap since black is brutal to keep clean

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I think there are colored PPF options, protect your paint while changing the color

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Funny enough my Missus said to me today we should just wrap it. Then I started thinking about clay bars and such.
Well, off to another rabbit hole of choices...

Probably cheaper to just do a wrap. Doubles as paint protection too.

americanv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
/
I only get a car in the color I want, even if there is a much better deal on a different color, so there is no regrets later on. The magnetic color is my favorite for this mustang and what I have.
Sponsored