Sponsored

Air Conditioning Stopped Working: Any thoughts before I take it in?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
took her to Ford dealership today. Condenser is leaking. I waited almost 2 hours for them to tell me. Had to call wife to pick me up. Manager said it will be ready Thursday because the part has to be ordered and it takes a full day to replace. On the plus side he said they would detail the car for free including wax. They have a sweet 350R on the showroom for $69, 731.00. Do want!

If your car is still under warranty I recommend taking it in for the fix.
They replaced my condenser too, but now my compressor is whining when it's engaged. Only a matter of time before that fails and takes the whole system with it.
Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
They replaced my condenser too, but now my compressor is whining when it's engaged. Only a matter of time before that fails and takes the whole system with it.
no! :eyebulge: Now I'm worried. Got to have A/C living in Florida.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
no! :eyebulge: Now I'm worried. Got to have A/C living in Florida.
Not saying it'll happen to you. The noise was present before my air got hot, they couldn't determine the reason why the condenser failed, but my money is on the compressor doing so.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not saying it'll happen to you. The noise was present before my air got hot, they couldn't determine the reason why the condenser failed, but my money is on the compressor doing so.

this is the 3rd thing I have had to take the car in for warranty work on(passenger seat needed reupholstered, windshield washer fluid motor went out). My wife is from outside Detroit, her Dad is a robotics engineer that does tooling for Fiat/Dodge. Her whole family is die hard Chevy so the :ford: jokes are strong in my house. On a side note car will be ready for pickup at 2 today. Yay!

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
this is the 3rd thing I have had to take the car in for warranty work on(passenger seat needed reupholstered, windshield washer fluid motor went out). My wife is from outside Detroit, her Dad is a robotics engineer that does tooling for Fiat/Dodge. Her whole family is die hard Chevy so the :ford: jokes are strong in my house. On a side note car will be ready for pickup at 2 today. Yay!
I've had all sorts of issues lately too, I haven't been able to enjoy it much.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had all sorts of issues lately too, I haven't been able to enjoy it much.
that sux, love the engine/handling so much but no cold a/c was making life miserable. In a 2015 Honda Odyssey now and can't wait to get my car back.

dallas121469

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Evaporator went out on my 2017 a month ago. Trying to explain that to the dealer is like talking to a brick wall. Parts guy couldn't even find evaporator core in the parts list. They act like I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not keen on taking my baby to them but it's under warranty.