Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The A10... pshhh! What a slush box!

But seriously, not many cars give me butterflies these days. My buddies A10 GT... holy smokes!(the tires that is) That thing won't give you not butterflies(double negative, good stuff!). It's quick and gives me that throw you back in the seat feeling. With a transmission that shifts that quick, he has beat cars that were more heavyweights than the Mustang. At the local 1/8 strip and Mexico of course.
Sponsored

onebad58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang 1958 ford 2021 mach 1
that
The A10... pshhh! What a slush box!

But seriously, not many cars give me butterflies these days. My buddies A10 GT... holy smokes!(the tires that is) That thing won't give you not butterflies(double negative, good stuff!). It's quick and gives me that throw you back in the seat feeling. With a transmission that shifts that quick, he has beat cars that were more heavyweights than the Mustang. At the local 1/8 strip and Mexico of course.
that's the truth brother.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
It's a planetary auto, so overall, not great. But for generic automatics, I don't hear any common issues with it. But I find much more joy in driving a car with a clutch pedal. I can see the benefit of an auto if you spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic, or you want to have more consistent times drag racing.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
1320s in 13.20! Gear is displayed in the digital dash. I think there's a thread about upgrading from base.
Yeah, the gear your in is displayed in the dash, when you're shifting with the paddles, but when auto shifting it doesn't display. The only way I've heard of to fix it is to buy a pro tune, and ask your tuner to enable it.
So, it looks like your talking $800 or so to buy tuning hardware and and a pro tune. I may decide to tune it later, but I won't spend that money just for the gear display. Is there another way?

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Love it so far. Sport mode is my go-to most of the time. Although I will putt around in Drive during the morning commute.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Yeah, the gear your in is displayed in the dash, when you're shifting with the paddles, but when auto shifting it doesn't display. The only way I've heard of to fix it is to buy a pro tune, and ask your tuner to enable it.
So, it looks like your talking $800 or so to buy tuning hardware and and a pro tune. I may decide to tune it later, but I won't spend that money just for the gear display. Is there another way?
If you tap the paddle once while in drive it will show the gear without digital dash without changing the gear, if you tap it twice it will change the gear and hold it for 3 seconds if your tune isnt changed, I had my tuner change my drive tune to hold the new gear for 35 seconds if I change it in drive and it will still auto upshift at your tunes set redline, it will also auto downshift if you are in too high of a gear for the speed your at if you go full throttle. If you are in paddle mode with the shifter in S it will show the gear at all times without digital dash.

Last edited:

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
i have a bit roughness to mine on downshifts in normal. seems to be only when coming to a full stop from say 4th down to 1st. other than that i love the damn thing. awesome gas milage when I'm not messing with it.

Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible / Velocity Blue / A10
Wanted manual
Went to dealership to buy manual
Test drove A10
No longer wanted manual
Bought A10

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Test drove A10
despised the obnoxious Sport mode. Track mode was insufferable.
Bought 6MT as originally intended.
The Camaro SS with A10 works very nicely in stark contrast.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Test drove A10
despised the obnoxious Sport mode. Track mode was insufferable.
Bought 6MT as originally intended.
The Camaro SS with A10 works very nicely in stark contrast.
You didn't drive it in NORMAL mode?
I drive mine mostly in Normal mode and it's a blast!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You didn't drive it in NORMAL mode?
Normal mode was fine, made better by actively using the paddles to preemptively select a gear that I wanted when the situation warranted it.