Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
There is something really off kilter with the C8 design - when I see the shop'ed up glamor shots on the Chevy site, it looks pretty good but this (quick cap from the video above) and other real world photos:

upload_2019-9-5_14-0-26.png

Front too high? Wheels too small? Doors too thick? Cabin in the wrong place?
I've seen it close up, in person, on the road twice and you are 100% correct.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
There is something really off kilter with the C8 design - when I see the shop'ed up glamor shots on the Chevy site, it looks pretty good but this (quick cap from the video above) and other real world photos:

I think it looks so good in their glamour shots because the wheels fill the wheel wells and is flush. Same with when you go to build a mustang on the ford site the base wheels are flush and fill the wheel well there making the car look much better, more aggressive. I havent got to look at the C8 yet in person. but i have heard many comment same as yours, looks "different" in person then on the photos and videos. I wasnt a fan of the C7 when i saw it in pictures but thought it looked way better in person. Same with the 18+ mustang. Hoping its not the change here and the pics look better then in person lol

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think it looks so good in their glamour shots because the wheels fill the wheel wells and is flush. Same with when you go to build a mustang on the ford site the base wheels are flush and fill the wheel well there making the car look much better, more aggressive. I havent got to look at the C8 yet in person. but i have heard many comment same as yours, looks "different" in person then on the photos and videos. I wasnt a fan of the C7 when i saw it in pictures but thought it looked way better in person. Same with the 18+ mustang. Hoping its not the change here and the pics look better then in person lol
Sue me but I love the C7. I think it looks amazing. I would have bought one if my girlfriend didn't shame me out of it. She made me feel like an old man. She said they're for old men// I could have gotten one for a song and dance.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Sue me but I love the C7. I think it looks amazing. I would have bought one if my girlfriend didn't shame me out of it. She made me feel like an old man. She said they're for old men// I could have gotten one for a song and dance.
I absolutely love the looks of the C7, just didnt when it came out in pictures. I saw it first ime at Laguna Seca at a race event and was awestruck by it. I guess i had the opportunity to buy one idk why i never have. I guess because i really wanted the GS and its above what im comfortable paying for a car at the time. Now though i can afford one, but i think id rather wait and see what the C8 has to offer. Still, im stuck in a decision on a C*, a used AMG GT, or a new RAM limited pick up. I have no use for a truck, but man i love my Dad's new RAM. Guess in a year or 2 when its time after the fiance graduates dental school ill decide then.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely love the looks of the C7, just didnt when it came out in pictures. I saw it first ime at Laguna Seca at a race event and was awestruck by it. I guess i had the opportunity to buy one idk why i never have. I guess because i really wanted the GS and its above what im comfortable paying for a car at the time. Now though i can afford one, but i think id rather wait and see what the C8 has to offer. Still, im stuck in a decision on a C*, a used AMG GT, or a new RAM limited pick up. I have no use for a truck, but man i love my Dad's new RAM. Guess in a year or 2 when its time after the fiance graduates dental school ill decide then.
Which AMG because if its the GT that's an easy decision? Those things are beautiful. Women love Mercedes AMG's..

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Which AMG because if its the GT that's an easy decision? Those things are beautiful. Women love Mercedes AMG's..
Goal is a CPO 2017 AMG GTc Coupe. In about 2 years time should be in the 70-80k range of what id be looking for. I could probably swing a used GT base model now, but i understand there is a significant "cost of ownership" after you buy these with maintenance and all. I dont want to end up like a few friends and buy a car that i cant afford after the purchase without a lifestyle change. I know some that bought GTR's without realizing the cost of the trans service and brakes and oil changes and all and now have terrible running cars or had to get rid of them for a loss because they couldnt afford the work.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Goal is a CPO 2017 AMG GTc Coupe. In about 2 years time should be in the 70-80k range of what id be looking for. I could probably swing a used GT base model now, but i understand there is a significant "cost of ownership" after you buy these with maintenance and all. I dont want to end up like a few friends and buy a car that i cant afford after the purchase without a lifestyle change. I know some that bought GTR's without realizing the cost of the trans service and brakes and oil changes and all and now have terrible running cars or had to get rid of them for a loss because they couldnt afford the work.
those are beautiful cars and sound great also. Yeah CPO for sure. I've heard stories about just trying to change the pads yourself will throw the car into limp mode, lol

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase

Front is way high in that pic.. Looks like a screen shot as the car was launching? Or they left the front lift up?

I mostly like the design, but I do think the wheels are too small. Not sure if sticking with the staggered 19/20" setup was the right thing to do.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Your photo looks like it's right after launch. When still the front end is lower it appears. Going off the video

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Oh yeah, my screen grab was just after launch, but just as a talkover reference, even in the pre-launch stance, the front looks funky (I didn't want to grab a photo with the <| play indicator ...)

I wasn't even specifically talking about the ground-to-tip height, it's the general design of the front, how it rakes, and how the lower part of the fascia is designed. It's like from the very end of the front, there's too much lower area, like that needs to be reduced, and the front should have more rake down.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the front is pointy instead of being flat. the headlights are mounted way back and on top, which leads to the silly long sight-line which requires a long nose. Put them where they should be and you could cut at least 8 inches maybe a whole foot off that front-end.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I can't believe Ralph Nader hasn't stuck his head up out of his hole hearing that GM is releasing another mid-engine car...:angel:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I can't believe Ralph Nader hasn't stuck his head up out of his hole hearing that GM is releasing another mid-engine car...:angel:
Corvair was rear engine, but I get your point. Fiero? Now that was mid-engine.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Corvair was rear engine, but I get your point. Fiero? Now that was mid-engine.
This probably means I should turn in my man card, but I always kinda liked the Fiero. I think getting a V6 GT would be fun, if it wasn't all beat up.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This probably means I should turn in my man card, but I always kinda liked the Fiero. I think getting a V6 GT would be fun, if it wasn't all beat up.
V6? Put a V8 Toronado drive train in it.
Sponsored