NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Question. What are you doing for winter driving? Do you have another car or will you be buying an extra set of wheels w/all seasons or winter tires for your Mustang?
It's my DD. I'll drive it all year with the MP4Ss. If it snows, I stay home.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The 4S in snow (less than 1/4") was death - no steering authority. Out of the parking lot and on wet streets it did well enough but there wasn't much traction over and above that required of driving like a normal, mellow person with a moderately hard stop thrown in.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The 4S in snow (less than 1/4") was death - no steering authority. Out of the parking lot and on wet streets it did well enough but there wasn't much traction over and above that required of driving like a normal, mellow person with a moderately hard stop thrown in.
Yep, been driving on such tires year 'round for many years now. You just gotta drive normally, or a bit slow, you'll be fine until real snow is on the roads.

As soon as I see the 1st snow-flake, I head home from wherever I'm at.

I'm a Michiganderer, it's no big deal. The real problem is the other people on the roads.

CClabaugh18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Mustang GT PP2
OK, a bit of a caveat here 1st ... It's pretty safe bet to say that all aftermarket springs are based upon a base model vehicle. With that said, the PP2 OE springs already provide a slightly lower ride height v. a base model Mustang. Steeda installed their "dual rate ultimate handling" spring set (555-8243) on my 2019 PP2. When everything settled, the measurement taken at the very front of the extended (PP2) splitter was 5.0". I should note that the basic reason for installing the springs at all was to inhibit the extreme squat on acceleration & dive on braking ... not necessarily to lower the car. Lowering it was merely a very slight additional enhancement. Steeda made the recommendation based upon my input ... &, in my case, it worked out perfectly.

An additional note to your last point about day-to-day driving ... I just completed a 6,000 mile drive from Tejas up to Mackinaw Island, then east thru OH, PA & NY then into Canada. After that, south to MD, down the coast to FL (thru Sebring to Ft. Myers), north on I-75 to I-10 to New Orleans & eventually back to Tejas. The only places I winced a bit regarding the suspension were Toronto (absolutely the worst frickin' metropolitan roads I have ever driven on. We are talking '3rd world' pavement!!!) & I-4 in FL due to (drum roll here, please) construction. Other than that, w/almost 18k miles on it (I picked it up last Thanksgiving), it has been an absolute delight to drive.
I chose the same setup for my 2018 PP2, but my installer insisted on installing camper plates and now a have even more front wheel poke. It looks like I should be wearing skinny jeans and smoking a vape. Did you do camper plates with your setup, Ron?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I chose the same setup for my 2018 PP2, but my installer insisted on installing camper plates and now a have even more front wheel poke. It looks like I should be wearing skinny jeans and smoking a vape. Did you do camper plates with your setup, Ron?
What is a camper plate..?

Sponsored