Sponsored

Since a full tank of gas weighs 100lbs

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
So you bought a EB I take it? I mean why but GT? That would be like buy a $40,000 guitar to hang on the wall and never plan to play it. If you have a local stripe then lucky you, if not you might as well buy a kia.
Pretty sure an tuned EB would put a beat down on most Dodge City cars. Why go there? Bunch of 3rd gens and run down foxbodies.
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
711143.jpg

OP
OP
Detector

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Pretty sure an tuned EB would put a beat down on most Dodge City cars. Why go there? Bunch of 3rd gens and run down foxbodies.
Well Dodge City is only 28,000 population but I wouldn't quite label it Mayberry. There are plenty of 2014 Camaro SS's, Chargers and Challangers and vettes. With two packing plantes there is also a larger number of boosted/SC'd ricer's. I know of one who claims he's packing over 600 HP in his ricer.

I am the only one driving a 2015 Mustang other than the dealer.

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My advice Detector is to let this thread die. I and some others understand what you're saying. As long as things are done with safety in mind and your not red assing on some residential street where kids are playing or some busy highway, you'll be fine. Everything we do in life has some level of danger to it. I'm sure you and your fellow participants know the risks involved with what your doing.

monksey7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Thin air
How many of you run with your tank half or less?

You generally keep mine at 1/4 tank. I figure I'm saving roughly 75lbs. Does that sound right?

Gas weighs just a little over 6lbs a gallon.
Not true, it depends on the temperature, a cold gallon is more than a warm gallon so the cold fuel will weigh more, thats why the F1 fuel limit is on weight and not volume.

Sponsored

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
A tuned EB wont run with an LS car. You realize a 2006 GTO is almost as fast as a 2015 GT?

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
Great thread!

Why would dropping weight make no difference on the street only the track?
It will make a difference in Either case. When there is limited traction , like on a slick road, then extra weight on the rear can help and maybe even offset the loss down track(road). But once hooked up , you can figure about a car length for every 100 lbs either way. I have added or taken away ten pounds of ballast on my drag car to change ET by .01 in the 1/4. If the car is running right on the edge ( 8.901 for example) I may add 5 lbs to keep from potentially breaking out with an 8.899! My car can run consistently within .005 on a good day with good track prep.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
5F5BE9FB-BF23-4927-B62B-3EA2FF5B13CB.jpeg
Lol! Run down foxbodies.........bring it! I’ll run ya!

Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol! On a serious note.......hard acceleration and cornering our cars with minimal fuel in the tank, isn’t the best idea, I’ve looked, the tank and internals of the tank are not set up for that, you risk fuel flow interruption which will probably result in an engine rebuild in your future......
Personally I’ll probably mod my tank very soon to prevent such an occurance. The most wallet friendly solution for me will probably be to drop the tank and install matting internally.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Lol! On a serious note.......hard acceleration and cornering our cars with minimal fuel in the tank, isn’t the best idea, I’ve looked, the tank and internals of the tank are not set up for that, you risk fuel flow interruption which will probably result in an engine rebuild in your future......
Personally I’ll probably mod my tank very soon to prevent such an occurance. The most wallet friendly solution for me will probably be to drop the tank and install matting internally.
I saw all the guys in the other thread hypothesizing about this potential problem. I’ve launched my car from a dig a couple hundred times with less than 1/4 tank and no problems. Seems like it just depends who’s on the forum whether it’s a problem or not.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw all the guys in the other thread hypothesizing about this potential problem. I’ve launched my car from a dig a couple hundred times with less than 1/4 tank and no problems. Seems like it just depends who’s on the forum whether it’s a problem or not.

I don’t really believe a lot of what’s on forums, Facebook, etc. in this case I’ve actually removed the tank (PITA) to look for myself a few months ago in preparation for twin turbos and other goodies.
Sponsored