Not open for further replies.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Why do we force people to get drivers license?
Largely to generate revenue.

Every year the are approximately 35,000 automobile deaths. About 80% of those deaths are caused by licensed drivers. Licensing doesn't seem like a very effective means of preventing automobile accidents that result in death.
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Glad you feel that way and I'm sure you feel more safe when criminals that break into your home don't have a gun because they can't buy one :)
Criminals can't buy guns now. No new laws required :clap:

LMS5400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Mustang owner!
Largely to generate revenue.

Every year the are approximately 35,000 automobile deaths. About 80% of those deaths are caused by licensed drivers. Licensing doesn't seem like a very effective means of preventing automobile accidents that result in death.
The strawman argument --- and I'm gonna knock is down in 2 seconds.

Car related fatalities and injuries have gone down with improvements to seatbelts, airbags, steel frames, safety measurement devices and enforcement of DUIs. <-- all things regulated by the US government in addition to a basic competency test not least of which requires you to pass a vision test and understand basic rules to be able to drive a car. Do you honestly think we remove these regulations that the # of deaths or injuries will not change? LOL.

We're not gonna wipe out gun violence by forcing you to prove you're not a criminal. But it will reduce it and I'm good starting there. What are you afraid of?

Last edited:

LMS5400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Criminals can't buy guns now. No new laws required :clap:
They can with private sale exemption, so why not close that loophole with universal background check?

Last edited:

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
You don't seem to be reading what I'm writing man.

Answer my SMG question. How many deaths to SMG's cause each year and ask yourself why are they still banned?
First, fully automatic machine guns are not completely banned. Any such weapons built before 1984 can be legally bought and owned, albeit with more stringent background checks. According to ATF, there are more than 600,000 legally owned machine guns in the US. How many people have been killed with legally owned machine guns in the last 50 years - 3.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
But Antifa is hardly a threat to anyone. At best, they break some windows with bats. The Antifa scare, like the immigration invasion scare is blow way out of proportion on the opinion side of fox news and alt right sites. Its a few kids here and there generally pissed off about fascism and are perhaps taking it a little too far with vandalism. I live in Berkeley and have yet to see 1 of them.
Pretty sure Andy Ngo would disagree with this.

andy-ngo-brutalized.png

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
The strawman argument --- and I'm gonna knock is down in 2 seconds.

Car related fatalities and injuries have gone down with improvements to seatbelts, airbags, steel frames, safety measurement devices and enforcement of DUIs. <-- all things regulated by the US government in addition to a basic competency test not least of which requires you to pass a vision test and understand basic rules to be able to drive a car. Do you honestly think we remove these regulations that the # of deaths or injuries will not change? LOL.

We're not gonna wipe out gun violence by forcing you to prove you're not a criminal. But it will reduce it and I'm good starting there. What are you afraid of?
Have you actually paid attention on the road recently? With everyone's head buried in their cell phone, I doubt it could be much worse.

Several unbiased sources report that gun violence has been decreasing for several decades despite the fact that the number of guns in circulation, and the number of CCW permits issued, have dramatically increased over the same time.

I live in a country of constitutionally guaranteed rights, and I'm afraid of a government that thinks nothing of trampling all over them.

What are you affraid of?

LMS5400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Have you actually paid attention on the road recently? With everyone's head buried in their cell phone, I doubt it could be much worse.

Several unbiased sources report that gun violence has been decreasing for several decades despite the fact that the number of guns in circulation, and the number of CCW permits issued, have dramatically increased over the same time.

I live in a country of constitutionally guaranteed rights, and I'm afraid of a government that thinks nothing of trampling all over them.

What are you affraid of?
Are you arguing that guns are safe or you don't want your rights taking away? I understand the latter and I think in honor of parents who lost kids to gun violence, I;'m personally okay jumping through a few more hoops out of empathy for my fellow Americans. Buying a gun should not be easier than getting TSA pre-check. You're not complaining about renewing a driver's license right?

LMS5400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure Andy Ngo would disagree with this.

andy-ngo-brutalized.png
wait, this guy?

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-antifa-877914/

to the point:

Even if Ngo himself were a fraudulent journalist, and the victim narrative he promoted was also under fraudulent pretenses, his ability to get bad ideas in front of a mainstream audience was all too real. Because above all else, the attack on Ngo — and his ability to successfully spin it into a lucrative and semi-legitimate media career — appeared to shift the narrative regarding extremist violence more toward the far right’s favor....

It got a lot of media attention and it reinforced something the Proud Boys have pushed for years, which is the real threat is the violent left.

LMS5400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
First, fully automatic machine guns are not completely banned. Any such weapons built before 1984 can be legally bought and owned, albeit with more stringent background checks. According to ATF, there are more than 600,000 legally owned machine guns in the US. How many people have been killed with legally owned machine guns in the last 50 years - 3.
Correct and good point, so are you for un-banning full auto small and large guns ?

Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
They can with private sale exemption, so why not close that loophole with universal background check?
And technically, that's likely an illegal purchase. The law already says most convicted criminals aren't allowed to possess firearms.

Are you arguing that guns are safe or you don't want your rights taking away? I understand the latter and I think in honor of parents who lost kids to gun violence, I;'m personally okay jumping through a few more hoops out of empathy for my fellow Americans. Buying a gun should not be easier than getting TSA pre-check. You're not complaining about renewing a driver's license right?
Bottom line is, why all the drama about guns? By the CDC's estimate, secondhand cigarette smoke kills 4 times more people, including infants, every day. Where is the social and political outcry for the ban of cigarettes? They are far more deadly to innocent bystanders than guns.

LMS5400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
I guess you failed to grasp the point that they aren't really banned. In any event, no relevance to the issue at hand.
And technically, that's likely an illegal purchase. The law already says most convicted criminals aren't allowed to possess firearms.

Bottom line is, why all the drama about guns? By the CDC's estimate, secondhand cigarette smoke kills 4 times more people, including infants, every day. Where is the social and political outcry for the ban of cigarettes? They are far more deadly to innocent bystanders than guns.
Yep. I evicted my neighbor because he was smoking indoors when I had a new born. Then I went to city council and got smoking in multi -unit complexes in my city banned. I'm cool if you smoke, but you gotta do it outside if you share a wall

I'm really a jerk to jerks :)

Last edited:

LMS5400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
"Texas gunman purchased weapon in private sale, which doesn't require background check"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...n-private-sale-which-doesn-t-require-n1049351

Lets ask the 21 people who got shot by this asshole what they think about closing this private sale loophole? Note: 7 are dead so maybe don't ask them, duh.
I have no problem with requiring background checks for all gun purchases.

That being said, lets ask these 34 people in Chicago who got shot Labor Day weekend what they think about liberal city political policies that fail to address the epidemic of urban gun violence. Note: 7 are dead so maybe don't ask them

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...illed-34-wounded-south-west-sides/2196851001/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.