Sponsored

why did you sell your bullitt

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I am toying with the idea of an automatic (broken back), but my thinking is..... if I can't shift the gears, then what is the point in owning a sports car..? I'll just drive whatever is fast, because I no longer care, because I am no longer part of the machine. Just a passenger with a steering wheel.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
One massive win for manuals is that you don’t have every common in the world (okay, only in the US does this apply) asking to drive your car.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Our differences are what makes the world go around. Some like to be part of the machine, others just want to enjoy the ride. There's no right and wrong, just different views and experiences. I happen to enjoy the fact that I can and do enjoy the features of the car without worrying about what gear I'm in.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Our differences are what makes the world go around. Some like to be part of the machine, others just want to enjoy the ride. There's no right and wrong, just different views and experiences. I happen to enjoy the fact that I can and do enjoy the features of the car without worrying about what gear I'm in.
Thanks, now I need both!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying when Ford finally kills off the manual in the Mustang people won't miss it? We both know the manual and the V8 are on borrowed time.
They won't. Ford is already creeping the 4 ecoboost up on the GT with a 0-60 time of 4.5 for the 2020. You put the 400hp V6 ecoboost in the mustang that they use in the Explorer st to replace the 8 and you're going to have a serious performance machine. Lighter, better balanced, and better gas mileage I would assume.

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
I am toying with the idea of an automatic (broken back), but my thinking is..... if I can't shift the gears, then what is the point in owning a sports car..? I'll just drive whatever is fast, because I no longer care, because I am no longer part of the machine. Just a passenger with a steering wheel.
Pretty Sure, A lot of Race car drivers now use paddle shifters, so you are good to go with the A10.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wow, that’s sad. I respect your feelings but believe they may be a little short sighted.
I really wanted a Bullitt and had no issue going back to a manual. I love them too. But my knee said no and I have the GT/CS with the A10. I believe that I have a sports car, I care, & feel part of the machine. And when my right foot goes down I certainly do not feel like a passenger.
I hope you have a chance to spend some time in the drivers seat of an A10. Hopefully it will alter your thought process.

Sponsored

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ira,
How are you surviving there in Myrtle?

Got a close friend on Crystal Water Way.
Said they had a twister come close to them.
Stay Safe my Mustang Brother!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ira,
How are you surviving there in Myrtle?

Got a close friend on Crystal Water Way.
Said they had a twister come close to them.
Stay Safe my Mustang Brother!
Thank you Dave. My community is just off of Rt's. 544 and 17 bypass. On high ground so not to concerned about flooding. The wind right now is pretty strong so we're keeping our fingers crossed. Crystal Water Way is about 12 miles North of here but 3 blocks off the Intracoastal. I hope your friend is safe and dry.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Ahhh the Kia Stinger would be a good fit for you, automatic and easy to get in and out of, plus you can rip the GT in stoplight to stoplight.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Ahhh the Kia Stinger would be a good fit for you, automatic and easy to get in and out of, plus you can rip the GT in stoplight to stoplight.
Except it's a Kia.....
Sponsored