Need a new grill

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Well, I'm just about fed up with my current gas grill. This is the last season for it. Its a Char-Broil. And its going to the curb. Any thoughts on a quality gas gas grill? Thought about a Webber, but those are damned expensive.

The smoker is getting replaced as well. Out is the Char-griller and in comes an Oklahoma Joe's. Maybe. Not a BGE fan. I know they cook well. A buddy has one and loves it. And it does make great food. But sometimes I need more cooking space. Not sure if I can get enough smoke flavor through a pellet. My neighbor has a Treagger, and loves it. But his bbq doesn't have enough smoke flavor. And you can set it and forget it. Where's the fun in that?
Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I went with a stainless steel weber after having to toss out a rusted out burnt up grill every 1-1.5 years. I can cover it and I use it a minimum of once a week, year round grilling.
The weber is doing super. Heavy gauge stainless grills and not degrading more than 1 year later. I cried when I paid for it, lol but, I looks like I'm getting my monies worth. I adapted a generic rotisserie to it for slow cooking. Don't remember the model it was from Home Depot - think we paid about 400 plus

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I parked my fancy gas grills and went back to charcoal.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
BROIL KING has been doing me well. I had a Great Outdoors brand that lasted me 15 years (never replaced anything). The thing finally got to the point of not cooking evenly across. Went to find another one and found they were out of business. I ended up getting a Broil King Baron 320. They are on sale right now for a steal at Lowes. Guy at work had one and told me how much he liked his. Thing heats up fast, is built in North America, and cooks great. Assembled in about 45 minutes.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Sad how a company that makes cheap grills that rot out in a year or 2 stay in business while the company that makes a 10-15 yr grill goes under.

Sponsored

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
@Rover $400 isn't terrible. We were shopping for bedroom furniture at Nebraska Furniture, and I swear I thought I saw the Webber for like $700.

@Interceptor I've been considering going back to charcoal. The only issue is our deck is about 5 feet off the ground, and not a huge fan of charcoal on the deck. I already have several briquette shaped burn marks in from previous adventures in overnight smoking.

@ugstang17 I have to head to Lowes today for another project, so I'll check out the Broil King.

Thanks for the info guys.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Yes. Great outdoors was out of Joplin Missouri. The thing weighed a ton. Had the aluminum base not FINALLY started to corrode through I would have bought parts to rebuild it. I never even put a cover on it. Had I taken better care of it, it would still be working. But I took it for granted because it was so reliable. Third parties still supply p-arts for them though they do not have the actual BRASS burner, only a stamped steel version of it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My prior 3 burner w/ side burner was a SS Charbroil... but even though the thing was SS, the damn internals rotted out. To replace all the burner mechanisms plus all the grille grates it would have cost almost half of what a new unit costs...

So that one sits behind our shed continuing to rot (except the SS sections)... it may be worth something for scrap metal, because the SS is quite heavy.

We ended up purchasing a new SS 5-burner w/ side burner to replace it.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Weber is a solid choice.
They are good with customers on replacement parts... have had them send them to me free in the past
Sponsored