Sponsored

Whipple Tune Plus MS109 Unleaded Fuel

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
The whipple tune is unique in that it uses the IAT sensor preblower. Most, if not all, aftermarket tuners use the post blower IAT to accurately monitor temps. There is a reason why Whipple does this and it has been mentioned somewhere here on the forums in the past, but I can't find it at the moment. Nonetheless, you will need that sensor relocation kit if going with PB Dyno or Lund.
Sponsored

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
The whipple tune is unique in that it uses the IAT sensor preblower. Most, if not all, aftermarket tuners use the post blower IAT to accurately monitor temps. There is a reason why Whipple does this and it has been mentioned somewhere here on the forums in the past, but I can't find it at the moment. Nonetheless, you will need that sensor relocation kit if going with PB Dyno or Lund.
The whipple tune actually does use a post-blower IAT sensor, but the problem is that they use a special tune that reads the temp from the IMRC wiring harness. PBD or Lund uses a different type of tune that only reads from the IAT sensor connected to the MAF harness. So, they require the relocation kit which wires the new IAT sensor to the MAF harness.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
So if I order a Lund tune for my 2016 stage 2 whipple I need to get a IAT sensor relo kit as well? I have never heard about this before. Obviously currently running the whipple tune. I haven't tracked it yet but on the street its been quite good.
Whipple even offers the kit if you are going with an aftermarket tune. I've been happy with the Whipple tune, but I'm not going for max power.
https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=504

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
Really!
I didn’t knew about this and wasn’t ask for it when changed from Whipple tune to PBD.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Really!
I didn’t knew about this and wasn’t ask for it when changed from Whipple tune to PBD.
Same here .

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
My first tuner didn't require it either. He just used HP tuners and edited the base whipple tune and made very minimal changes ( turned on per cylinder knock control, and edited O2s for the catless headers.)

I got the relocation IAT when I went with PB Dyno.
Sponsored