Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Obviously that is dependent upon dealer, had to live with 7.9% APR on mine from Think Ford Guildford.

But then just paid it all off anyway, only went finance route to get better deal on price.
Not dependant on dealer that’s the ford credit percentage so is the same across the board whichever dealer you go to.

But yes that’s a good way to get a better price, my father buys cars in the same way.
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Makes sense if you pay it off but if that's the offer, get a loan and buy it that way?
A lot of people (like me) get cars on pcp deals as I change cars regularly, and that’s the percentage Ford stipulate. Thankfully mines on 0% so every monthly payment is coming straight off the balance owed on the car and not paying just the interest off!

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Do you think we will see a 0% deal in future ? Have you heard any whispers in your place ?

Personally I would doubt it very much.

The last (read only) lot of 0% deals were, on my opinion, purely because so many dealers had fucked up and stocked too many cars, and had to get rid of them before the new model came out.

Pretty sure they will not fall into that trap again.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Personally I would doubt it very much.

The last (read only) lot of 0% deals were, on my opinion, purely because so many dealers had fucked up and stocked too many cars, and had to get rid of them before the new model came out.

Pretty sure they will not fall into that trap again.
I think they already have fallen into that trap. Last I heard was that new model sales were really slow due to big price hike and cars starting pile up at dealers.

Hopefully Adam can give a more informed view

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Already lots of unsold cars at dealers, price has just been hiked up too much in my opinion.

The last 0% deal was to get rid of the last 2017 cars which were sent to dealers whether they liked it or not, not a fuck up at all, none were ordered vehicles but simply dumped on the UK market as there was lots left in compounds like Belgium etc.

0% and big discounts will come I guarantee it, might not be for another year or so but it will come and when it does I’ll be all over it :)

Only people saying it won’t happen are 2019 model owners who have paid 45k plus for theirs (10k more than I paid for my brand new 2017 model with all options in December 2018) :bandit:

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Oh and just checked the cap values of mine and an 18 plate 2019 model, the newer model has plummeted in value compared to price that will have been paid, retail on that one will have been 45k+ As there was no discounts back then, admittedly it has more miles but that’s lost over 10 grand in just over a year as it was registered in May 18, mine was a December 18 registration and is valuing at the same as the new model! Plus I only paid just over 35k! So it’s definitely worth waiting for discounts and lower APR rates etc.

D00FA50C-F54F-4A87-8406-F5E9514ADE0E.jpeg

If anyone wants their car valuing let me know as that’s the system dealers use to value your car for a trade in :thumbsup:

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Interesting so in terms of real world values the facelift models are fetching the same as the pre-facelift ! Give or take.

I would be tempted with a 0% finance on a facelift to be honest. What else can you buy to replace the mustang without spending stupid money !

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Apparently there'll be a bloke from Flat Rock in Swindon next weekend. :cwl:
Just had a phone call from my original dealership (Hartwell Ford Kidlington), an enthusiastic young lady was obviously on a mission to get as many people booked in as possible.

We had a brief chat, she stuck to her script well...i must have stated 3 times that i’m really happy with mine at 2 years in and not looking to change, but she persisted. I wanted to leave it as “i may swing by if I can find the time” but no, i’m booked in got 10:30 saturday :crackup:

She seemed pretty confident a fantastic deal was to be had...i probably won’t go but if i happen to be bored i may go over and test drive something just for fun!

Anyone else been hounded?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Hold onto it, I expect they're going to start appreciating in about 5 years time when emissions and sound standards increase such that a Mustang won't be a Mustang or they'll stop selling them in Europe.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hold onto it
I intend to that's for sure. Although if Ford were to dangle a Bullitt in front of me at a crazy good deal, I'd be half tempted in all honesty. An equally good investment in my eyes

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
I had a call from Hendy Ford a couple of weeks ago. Salesman was very pleasant, informed me of the new low interest rate ford are offering at the moment. I said call me back when they are doing the 0% again. He said they will probably be offering it again anytime soon.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I had a call from Hendy Ford a couple of weeks ago. Salesman was very pleasant, informed me of the new low interest rate ford are offering at the moment. I said call me back when they are doing the 0% again. He said they will probably be offering it again anytime soon.
A sure sign that they are sitting on many many unsold Facelift Mustangs.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Not many V8s with a manual with a distinct design with heritage, that's where the niche is. As always future resale is heavily dependent on spec.
It's not always about speed, the Kia Stinger is fast but will not hold value

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
An extra £1000 discount added to Mustangs today if registered by the end of September! Looks like they are getting desperate already :giggle:
Sponsored