Vehicle Showcase

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I've had a lot of requests for parts/guide etc on this, so I'll post up everything I bought below. It's pretty self explanatory how it all goes together, and there are pics in the album to show it completed.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskHDXT4m here's the link to photos of it all done

This is the step down that I bought https://www.bunnings.com.au/holman-90-x-75-x-65-x-50-x-40mm-storm-pvc-stepped-adaptor_p4760090

And this is the foam plug https://www.bunnings.com.au/icon-plastics-80mm-downpipe-plug_p4779566

This is the rubber adapter I bought (below), but the opening is too big for the tips. You might want to get creative and come up with another solution. Currently I have some foam insulation inside to protect the tip, but I have to butt something heavy up behind the pipe so it doesn't blow off when I start the car, if that makes sense

https://www.bunnings.com.au/deks-industries-100mm-pvc-to-80-90-pvc-rubber-jenco-joiner_p4730879

Before you go to the hardware store, measure the OD of the tip, so you can compare different fittings.

I did also put some foam insulation in there, but can't find on the website. You should find similar at any hardware store.

Hope that all makes sense

Cheers
Matt
Good work but couldn't you have just found two super quiet mufflers and just insert them into your tips for the cold start and then when it warms up just pull them out and put them away until you need them the next morning?

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Good work but couldn't you have just found two super quiet mufflers and just insert them into your tips for the cold start and then when it warms up just pull them out and put them away until you need them the next morning?
How would they stay in there? And I didn't find anything like you are describing

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
How would they stay in there? And I didn't find anything like you are describing
They should stay in there on their own, just a slip fit. I have a 3" resonator and a 3" Reaper hellchamber muffler at home and they slide straight into my AWE 4" tips, I very much doubt they'd blow out on their own.

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
They should stay in there on their own, just a slip fit. I have a 3" resonator and a 3" Reaper hellchamber muffler at home and they slide straight into my AWE 4" tips, I very much doubt they'd blow out on their own.
If they’re more than $40USD, then I prefer my ghetto rig option lol. Gave me something to do

Sponsored

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I also give a shit about keeping peace with my neighbors, so I came up with a slightly different and more simple noise suppression hack than msweet came up with. Pool noodles. Yep, go ahead and laugh, I'm fine with it.

Here was my dilemma. 2019 GT with resonator delete / H-Pipe. Perfect sound for me, I love it. I'm really impressed with the sound from the stock mufflers and H-Pipe setup. However, with the resonator gone, the first 5 seconds of cold start can be heard around the block. It makes waves in toilets. I live in a quaint, family-oriented neighborhood with some retired folks mixed in. I have great relationships with all my neighbors but I felt like this startup noise could become an issue. Soooo, pool noodles. Pop them in for the first 10-15 seconds after startup, then its all good after that. Here's a 90 second video of what I did.

*Link to video*

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Pool noodles have so many useful purposes besides in the pool - gotta applaud your ingenuity and respect for your neighbors.

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I like it emdavis197 might have to try your version when I get some headers on my car

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice, and the best thing is that if you accidentally forget they'll come shooting out when you get on the pedal :crackup:
Sponsored