ARH catback

Mpt233

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
Has anyone installed just the arh catback system without the headers? Love the sound of the full system but the install looks unpleasant, I spend too much time in the shop as it is. Curious what it sounds like haven't been able to find any vids.
Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Has anyone installed just the arh catback system without the headers? Love the sound of the full system but the install looks unpleasant, I spend too much time in the shop as it is. Curious what it sounds like haven't been able to find any vids.
What separates the ARH headers from factory headers is they are equal length while the factory headers are unequal length. It may be more work but the difference is worth it in my opinion to do headers first then the catback the tone changes pretty dramatically to a more refined ferrari like tone with equal length headers and I personally thing the full Headers back but with cats ARH system sounds the best.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I agree. Headers make a huge difference. I have their long system (headers, catless mid pipes, x-pipe and resonators) that utilize the OEM mufflers.

I'll just leave this here

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I run Kooks headers with their X pipe. I still have OEM. It does make a difference with headers.

OP
OP

Mpt233

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
Those arh long tubes sound sick.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I would tend to think the long tubes add a certain flare and refinement, but wouldn’t it be fair to say the majority of the sound and grunt comes from ditching the cats? Especially if that’s combined with a good cat back system? Or is that not accurate, or the best way to put it?

And shouldn’t anyone shopping ARH at least be aware you lose the valves with their mufflers?

OP
OP

Mpt233

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
I was aware of losing the valves and I'm ok with it. I also assume I would need to get a tuner to get rid of the cel for 02 sensor with the cat delete.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
ARH is top notch and a industry leader, I would highly recommend one of their set ups whether its just a cat back or even one of their full systems. Feel free to send me a message with any questions or if you need help with a system: https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...rd/exhaust/complete-systems?manufacturer=1131

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I would tend to think the long tubes add a certain flare and refinement, but wouldn’t it be fair to say the majority of the sound and grunt comes from ditching the cats? Especially if that’s combined with a good cat back system? Or is that not accurate, or the best way to put it?

And shouldn’t anyone shopping ARH at least be aware you lose the valves with their mufflers?

With the ARH long tubes, you'll get more a tone change with the long tubes than remove the cats. Removing the cats definitely increasing volume, tho.
Sponsored