Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
YouTube is modern pop culture.

YouTubers with Mustangs: Adam LZ (GT350, 2.5M subs), Goonzquad (GT, 1.5M subs), TJ Hunt (Supercharged GT, 1.4M subs), ThatDudeInBlue (SN197 VMP, 1M subs), MotionAutoTV (EcoBoost drift project that disappeared, 410k subs), Matt Maran (Bullitt, 395K subs), DragTimes (GT500 on order, 230K subs), Mustang Lifestyle (various, 97K subs). StangMode (N/A GT, GT500 on order, 74K subs), Xander13 (GT, 25K subs), That1320Chick (Whipple GT, 17k subs).

Tons more I'm sure.
I'd rather swallow a cheese grater. Fuck modern "culture". Give me Bullitt, or give me death!
Yeah....some of those channels are great, and some are just cheeeeeese fests. Truly terrible.

I like Goonzquad, but channels like Stangmode, Adam LZ are just horrible. Others are tolerable sometimes......
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
YouTube is popular culture, eh? What little I've seen of it turned my stomach, and I guess I'm just not tolerant enough of amateur self-aggrandizement and Hey-look-at-me pap to tough it out.

If YouTube is popular culture, I'm happy to be left behind.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I'm English, but my love for American cars was born of TV shows from the 70's and 80's......Starsky's Torino, Bo n Luke's Charger, Rockford's Firebird Formula.......so its a powerful medium. The Mustang has traditionally been well catered for in blockbuster films (Bullitt, obviously, but Gone in 60 Seconds (the original and remake) and the S197 featured nicely in I am Legend, Drive and Need For Speed.......in fact NFS was also the S550's film debut right at the end, but I can't think of any other significant films its been in!

All of the above has added to Mustang's "cool factor"..........so I agree it would be great to see that continue.
The s550 was also in transformers. Of course it was the bad guy.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
I'd rather swallow a cheese grater. Fuck modern "culture". Give me Bullitt, or give me death!
Bullitt is a shit movie with terrible effects and a nonsensical story, sorry to break that news to you. And saying fuck YouTube is like saying fuck life, there's channels/creators that cover almost everything. If there's nothing you enjoy on the platform it's because of you, not them. I can think of a better place for that cheese grater...

Yeah....some of those channels are great, and some are just cheeeeeese fests. Truly terrible.

I like Goonzquad, but channels like Stangmode, Adam LZ are just horrible. Others are tolerable sometimes......
I don't watch a majority of those channels, just some that have come up on Recommended. Like I said above, YouTube is about different strokes for different folks. Forgot channels like Woman Driven, she's got a GT350 that she tracks, Adam LZ has a GT350 that he's drifted, Goonzquad has a GT they rebuilt, StangMode has heavily modified/extensively taken his to the strip.

Sponsored

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
YouTube is popular culture, eh? What little I've seen of it turned my stomach, and I guess I'm just not tolerant enough of amateur self-aggrandizement and Hey-look-at-me pap to tough it out.

If YouTube is popular culture, I'm happy to be left behind.
YouTube Now Has 2 Billion Monthly Users, Who Watch 250 Million Hours on TV Screens Daily

..you have been, glad I could break the news to you!

That's enough M6G for me for awhile, it's a rush to see who can become a bigger parody of the get-off-my-lawn trope.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Huge fan of Bullitt myself. I like YouTube, but I got tired of the "pay attention to me" rich kids that got S550 Mustangs and cried about everything once they beat on their cars and broke them.

I do like Matt Maran Motoring, Rated R Cars and Woman Driven on YouTube though.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
YouTube is brilliant.............as it means I can watch the Bullitt chase or the original Gone in 60 Seconds any time I want :crackup:
Amen. When the original Gone in 60 Seconds came out, the only way to watch when you wanted was a VHS tape and they realized there was probably a minuscule market so priced it sky high. IIRC I paid $69 or $79 for mine.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's exactly what I'm talking about. This whole likesharesubscribe "influencer" bullshit is cultural cancer. Anything worth watching is buried in a sea of clickbait and substance-free fluff. [/old]
Kind of like Life its own self, eh? /old2]

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
and the S197 featured nicely in I am Legend,

Oh man I remember when we get to see that sweet sounding red Shelby. End of the world comes & I'm alone I may do what Will did and get me the Shelby too!

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Y'all might be familiar with the Internet Movie Cars Database. Scroll down on the Ford page to see acknowledged appearances of Mustangs. Don't be surprised if you are able to add something overlooked by others.