Sponsored

Lund E85r tune on lower ethanol content

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
In FL everyone has been buying up gas due to dorian and overeating, point is i suspected some lower E content might be getting supplied. Was on my e85r tune and switched to flex to get a measurement and came back as 71%. I know the E85r has some tolerance in it but is this outside its safe bounds? Yes id ask Lund but they are busy and its 931pm at night right before dorian "hits".
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
In FL everyone has been buying up gas due to dorian and overeating, point is i suspected some lower E content might be getting supplied. Was on my e85r tune and switched to flex to get a measurement and came back as 71%. I know the E85r has some tolerance in it but is this outside its safe bounds? Yes id ask Lund but they are busy and its 931pm at night right before dorian "hits".
Anything above 70% and you're fine unless you've specifically told them you want timing on 85% content only.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Anything above 70% and you're fine unless you've specifically told them you want timing on 85% content only.
This, as long as you weren't tuned on the ragged edge, you should be fine. You will actually be a little richer but with slightly less knock resistance at 70%

OP
OP
TRPCANA

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Copy thanks. Going to switch back and buy a inline sensor most likely. I know the flex reading can be off due to the method it uses to determine the content.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
As others have said before E70 is fine to run the tune on. I'm also on Lund and added a inline sensor and gauge like you suggested. My gauge is in the glove compartment as I only really need to see it after filling up and it also monitors fuel temp.

IMG_3811.jpg

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Ive been on e65 since tuning. They have never said anything about my logs. On their own FB page they have many posts regarding this. Even some down to e50. but seems like anything e65-e70 and up is good and the ecu will adjust. My logs on e65ish so 0 knock. max timing of 32. stft and ltft are good. I do believe they want as close to e85 as possible for max performance but the ecu will adjust. i know at least e65 and some on the claim down to e50 on their fb page

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you should be in pretty good shape with a decent amount of e85

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
As others have said before E70 is fine to run the tune on. I'm also on Lund and added a inline sensor and gauge like you suggested. My gauge is in the glove compartment as I only really need to see it after filling up and it also monitors fuel temp.

IMG_3811.jpg
What inline sensor and gauge are you using?

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I've been told also E70 and above you're good. Luckily all the stations around here my buddy Tim tested at 82-83% minimum. Guess we got some good ethanol around here.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I've been told also E70 and above you're good. Luckily all the stations around here my buddy Tim tested at 82-83% minimum. Guess we got some good ethanol around here.
Fort Meade/Columbia area is 80%+ from what I've tested.

OP
OP
TRPCANA

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
yea its usually 80 and above but seemed to dip as everyone scrambled to get gas. Thanks again. Im looking at getting the inline sensor and hiding it in the glove box or something as the other member posted, i dont want a gauge pod or something else on top of the ngauge i already have.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Looks like this one. My question is what was involved for the install and where did you plumb in the sensor?
I plumbed the sensor into the return line which is the recommended way. Here is a pic of it mounted but it can't be seen normally as its under the stock fuel line cover. Once it's mounted, run the cable the safest route into the cab via the firewall and over to where you want to mount your gauge. I ran the cable through the stock heat shield tube and behind the stock heat shield plate; you can just see the gray cable in the gap between the two.

IMG_3750.jpg
IMG_3751.jpg
Sponsored