Sponsored

Interesting read - Future of Ford according to its bosses

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/exclusive-future-ford-according-its-bosses

Nice to hear Bill Ford agreeing that unnecessary tech is pointless.

"It’s easy to fall in love with technology and give people stuff they don’t need or even understand. You’ve got to ask: are we making things easier, better, more fun? Are we putting time back into their lives? If the answer is no, we probably shouldn’t be doing it."
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I honestly don't have a problem with electric vehicles, and to try to not get too political, ICE's definitely aren't good for the environment. HOWEVER, I do believe that full electric, ICE's, and hybrids can live in a harmony. I see zero wrong with an infrastructure of electric transportation vehicles like the Transit and Heavy Duty vehicles that are being recharged by renewables such as solar grid (in fact I'm a huge proponent of it). And if manufacturers can combine hybrid technology in the same spirit as the 918, I'm all for that. Pretty sure that hybrid there would fulfill any of our thrills.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I honestly don't have a problem with electric vehicles, and to try to not get too political, ICE's definitely aren't good for the environment. HOWEVER, I do believe that full electric, ICE's, and hybrids can live in a harmony. I see zero wrong with an infrastructure of electric transportation vehicles like the Transit and Heavy Duty vehicles that are being recharged by renewables such as solar grid (in fact I'm a huge proponent of it). And if manufacturers can combine hybrid technology in the same spirit as the 918, I'm all for that. Pretty sure that hybrid there would fulfill any of our thrills.
ICEs aren't good for the environment like people breathing isn't good for the environment. If we all buy into the notion that carbon dioxide is harmful and emitting it is bad, then it's really evil to have children or pets. Just think about how much CO2 they will emit! I think it's ridiculous to say certain machines are "bad", but others are just fine. And the people telling me this are flitting around in their private jets burning huge amounts of fuel.

I don't have a problem with electric vehicles, except for the fact that they are crappy compared to vehicles powered by ICEs. They take too long to recharge, the batteries don't last, they don't make cool vroom vroom noises... the list is very long. I don't mind if electrics are offered for sale. I just want to continue to have the option to buy something better.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I don't mind if electrics are offered for sale. I just want to continue to have the option to buy something better.
Exactly my point. If someone else wants all electric, fine. But I'm a loudmouth and......yeah. My car should reflect that lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ICEs aren't good for the environment like people breathing isn't good for the environment. If we all buy into the notion that carbon dioxide is harmful and emitting it is bad, then it's really evil to have children or pets. Just think about how much CO2 they will emit! I think it's ridiculous to say certain machines are "bad", but others are just fine. And the people telling me this are flitting around in their private jets burning huge amounts of fuel.
r.
I trust the scientists I'm afraid.

And to say that just because someone else is not doing there part I shouldn't do mine is ridiculous

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good, so they'll be cancelling the autonomous and fully electric vehicles then......
Happy with hybrids but yes don't make autonomous compulsory

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Ford needs to get away from the IN_YOUR_FACE displays they have in their new cars.
The explorer's interior is ruined by this stupid front dash design. I want to drive my car.... not a mobile cellphone monitor in my face.

It overbearing and way too much. The little ecosport suv, has the same horrible design. An "built for kiddies" vibe for me... and an instant no buy! I've had several others say the same about the new Explorer and can't understand it... most though it retracts when driving, etc. It doesn't... and it is just an intrusion in the cabin.

Infotainment display simple takes over the whole car... the display becomes the whole car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I trust the scientists I'm afraid.

And to say that just because someone else is not doing there part I shouldn't do mine is ridiculous
I'm just pointing out the hypocritical nature of environmentalists today. Everyone who really thinks that CO2 is going to destroy the earth should stop breathing, never have kids, not eat any animal products, live right next to your work and walk there, NEVER EVER DRIVE A CAR, etc. I don't believe there is a problem, so my conscience is clear.

But if you want to talk about believing scientists, I realize that the earth has had ice ages and tropical times in the past with no people or cars or factories here. And that we have evidence showing that the concentration of "green house gases" and global temperatures haven't moved together in the past.

There have been past claims by global warming alarmists for years and years and none of them have ever come true.

I also understand that scientists don't know what the weather will be in a couple weeks, but they think they can predict the weather 10-20 years in the future.

I also realize that environmentalism is big business and many people have lots to gain from it. That is the largest motivation that most "environmentalists" have - money.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford needs to get away from the IN_YOUR_FACE displays they have in their new cars.
I really agree with this - or at least it should be an option. The in your face displays were a big reason I decided not to go with a C7 for my last car purchase.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I really agree with this - or at least it should be an option. The in your face displays were a big reason I decided not to go with a C7 for my last car purchase.
knobs & dials have worked flawlessly for ages. You can't feel your way around a "touch display" because you have to LOOK AT IT.

My Ford Edge SPORT interior is nice, display is perfectly placed and small, with NAV working great. All the stuff you need to use, has a dial or real button. The explorer is a mess...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm just pointing out the hypocritical nature of environmentalists today. Everyone who really thinks that CO2 is going to destroy the earth should stop breathing, never have kids, not eat any animal products, live right next to your work and walk there, NEVER EVER DRIVE A CAR, etc. I don't believe there is a problem, so my conscience is clear.

But if you want to talk about believing scientists, I realize that the earth has had ice ages and tropical times in the past with no people or cars or factories here. And that we have evidence showing that the concentration of "green house gases" and global temperatures haven't moved together in the past.

There have been past claims by global warming alarmists for years and years and none of them have ever come true.

I also understand that scientists don't know what the weather will be in a couple weeks, but they think they can predict the weather 10-20 years in the future.

I also realize that environmentalism is big business and many people have lots to gain from it. That is the largest motivation that most "environmentalists" have - money.
While I don't think we should be "trashing" the planet, per say, to your point nature seems to have a way of taking care of itself. In the 70's everyone was scared of global freezing for that matter. And while everyone is pointing out July was the hottest month on record, January and February were the coldest on record. In North America anyway.

If there are those out there who want to plant more trees and go towards solar and begin an age of arcology, that's fine. I personally think it's rather fascinating. But with that being said I'll have an ICE until I die.

People...balance balance balance. Everyone is a consumer, even those who think wiping their asses with poison ivy is a good idea.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I love my V8 and am no libby liberal but I'm also not a blinded cynic. I believe the scientists and try and do my bit where I can, regardless of other peoples attitude. If we all had the view that because, for example, a few people are happy to trash the planet then I will as well, then nothing would ever be achieved and we'd be in all kinds of mess. I respect the environment and realise that a lot of people making small changes can have a big impact.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
While I don't think we should be "trashing" the planet, per say, to your point nature seems to have a way of taking care of itself. In the 70's everyone was scared of global freezing for that matter. And while everyone is pointing out July was the hottest month on record, January and February were the coldest on record. In North America anyway.

If there are those out there who want to plant more trees and go towards solar and begin an age of arcology, that's fine. I personally think it's rather fascinating. But with that being said I'll have an ICE until I die.

People...balance balance balance. Everyone is a consumer, even those who think wiping their asses with poison ivy is a good idea.
I completely agree with not trashing the planet. The pattern that I see is that the environmentalism or global warming prevention are ideas that are mainly used to justify people taking away our freedom or putting their hands in our pockets.

I love my V8 and am no libby liberal but I'm also not a blinded cynic. I believe the scientists and try and do my bit where I can, regardless of other peoples attitude. If we all had the view that because, for example, a few people are happy to trash the planet then I will as well, then nothing would ever be achieved and we'd be in all kinds of mess. I respect the environment and realise that a lot of people making small changes can have a big impact.
I respect the environment as well. Almost every year I plant 1 or 2 trees on my property, water them, etc. I'm a real tree hugger. I am not being sarcastic at all. I'm very serious about my love for the earth and nature.

But many people are corrupt and stupid. Half the "environmental" stuff being pushed on us isn't even better for the environment. It's just a way for people to grab power or money.
Sponsored