Sponsored

Built Motor Failure - After 1000 miles??

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Couple issues. The MSD 2 step has to see the rpm drop below 25% of its activated value to be used again. Which means if you leave on the 2 step, it cannot be activated again during that run. You could kill the ignition somehow, but I'm not sure what the car is gonna do at 140mph plus when that happens. Try it and let me know what it does.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
50C41DFA-523D-4489-B10F-28FBFCA18C60.jpeg
I have fuel pressure gauges in the dash on my KB and Hellion TT.
I watch them like a hawk and if the needle does not move up as expected as I get into boost,
I am lifting immediately .
Granted it’s hard to keep an eye on it during a 1/4 mile pass but I try .

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Zeitronix ZT2 has a fail safe feature that allows you to set up different warning triggers. They can be simple inputs like if fuel pressure drops below a certain psi or complex, like if fuel pressure drops below a certain psi and boost is above a certain psi and AIT is above a certain point. If one of the warnings is activated it activates an LED and it also activates a warning buzzer which can be turned on or off. Additionally you can connect a relay to it so if a warning is triggered then it activates the relay. I use my ZT2 to monitor fuel pressure, boost and AIT but there are many different sensors you can buy to monitor other things.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Zeitronix ZT2 has a fail safe feature that allows you to set up different warning triggers. They can be simple inputs like if fuel pressure drops below a certain psi or complex, like if fuel pressure drops below a certain psi and boost is above a certain psi and AIT is above a certain point. If one of the warnings is activated it activates an LED and it also activates a warning buzzer which can be turned on or off. Additionally you can connect a relay to it so if a warning is triggered then it activates the relay. I use my ZT2 to monitor fuel pressure, boost and AIT but there are many different sensors you can by to monitor other things.
If I ever go FI, it will be with that (or equivalent, if any).

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
it may not be the case, but it is likely the case.

do you know if they had knock sensors active on that engine?
That is great question and made me search through one of the few contacts / emails with the tuner. This is just after final payment was made. Concerning to say the least.

"I'm very happy with the e85, the pump gas and having to basically not use the knock sensors has my senses heightened. Wanna make sure it's on point."

Sponsored

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Tuner had it from start up tune until it was ready for delivery. Took a full 2 months at the tuner from when he started on it. He was responsible for break in. daily driving it etc etc. so when i got it was ready to go. i think about 500 miles were put on it with the tuner
Fuck man.. it seems like you did everything the right way and still got burned. Built a motor with all the bells and whistles, tuner worked on thr car for 2 months and broke it in for you. I see alot of people pointing towards fuel (93) and too much boost... but I thought with a lower compression motor (9:5:1) you can run higher boost on 93. Im thinking about building my motor but its a horror story like this, that make me want to pull back.. I wish you would say who built the motor and tuned it... but I understand

Last edited:
OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Fuck man.. it seems like you did everything the right way and still got burned. Built a motor with all the bells and whistles, tuner worked on thr car for 2 months and broke it in for you. I see alot of people pointing towards fuel (93) and too much boost... but I thought with a lower compression motor (9:5:1) you can run higher boost on 93. Im in thinking about building my motor but its the horror stories like this that make me wanna to pull back.. I wish you would say who built the motor and tuned it... but I understand
Been a while....I do not want to say too much until lawsuit is completed. But the motor compression was not 9.5:1 as planned and ordered and paid for it was 11:1. And also block was not what was ordered and paid. E Which explains a lot of why the failure occurred. The rebuilt motor has the correct compression and has been broken in. Everything was ordered through the perfomance shop, which is where the blame game is happening now. Who as at fault? Not me for sure. HOWEVER all kinds of other issues, and finding out the performance shop, I implicity trusted, botched installation on nearly everything touched, from supercharger, fuel system, trans and on and on and I have had to redo the entire build and still not done. I have a a couple thousand miles on the motor, and blown 3 lower belts so far and had to get towed. So next up is getting the entire pulley system redone. Then hopefully all of the bad work is gone.

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Been a while....I do not want to say too much until lawsuit is completed. But the motor compression was not 9.5:1 as planned and ordered and paid for it was 11:1. And also block was not what was ordered and paid. E Which explains a lot of why the failure occurred. The rebuilt motor has the correct compression and has been broken in. Everything was ordered through the perfomance shop, which is where the blame game is happening now. Who as at fault? Not me for sure. HOWEVER all kinds of other issues, and finding out the performance shop, I implicity trusted, botched installation on nearly everything touched, from supercharger, fuel system, trans and on and on and I have had to redo the entire build and still not done. I have a a couple thousand miles on the motor, and blown 3 lower belts so far and had to get towed. So next up is getting the entire pulley system redone. Then hopefully all of the bad work is gone.
Smdh. Unbelievable. Can't trust anyone. Sooo... you paid for something and got something completely different smh

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes. And then Paid AGAIN to get it rebuilt to correct. But that is the half of it. The motor fix was easier to sort. it is finding out all of the bad work done by the performance shop. One issue to the next has had to be redone and we open up something we see where corners are cut. Amazing

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Tuner had it from start up tune until it was ready for delivery. Took a full 2 months at the tuner from when he started on it. He was responsible for break in. daily driving it etc etc. so when i got it was ready to go. i think about 500 miles were put on it with the tuner
Which tuner?

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry. Due to the ongoing lawsuit for this, can't divulge. I wish I could to warn people, since after this happened to me, a lot of customers of the performance shop and of the tuner came out of the woodwork to tell me their horror stories using them as a combo as well.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
OP, If you were building an engine, would you pick an engine builder in PA? 😬

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP, If you were building an engine, would you pick an engine builder in PA? 😬
I can say the engine builder in my situation has been stand up once light was shed on what occurred to them.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I searched for all of your other posts on the forum and already know who it is. I was leading horses to water.
Sponsored