NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm in the Midwest. I googled Koons and it looks like they are all over the east coast, minimum 1000 mile drive for me.
Gotta hit up Northern Virginia (Fairfax & Sterling) for your best price.

They have 6 PP2s with 401A. https://www.koonsfordfallschurch.com/all-inventory/index.htm?model=Mustang&packages=Equipment Group 401A

Check their prices versus what you're looking to spend. Be aware, you have to add $2K to their WOW! price to get the real price. It doesn't include shipping and their $800 doc fee.

Here's PP2/401A/AE/B&O; https://www.koonsfordfallschurch.com/new/Ford/2019-Ford-Mustang-7dcd79fc0a0e0adf6b34b8abad1cc577.htm
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Whomever orders that cars at the dealership likes the 301A/Magneride/Active Exhaust/PP1 package.
yeah, now.... Couldn't find a MR car at all back in January. I wonder with GT350 production coming to an end if all of a sudden these MR units are available.
If I had to do it over again, I agree minimum 301A package with MR. The active exhaust is a bit of a gimmick, but fun on the Ecoboost. Just because Koons wants to add back the Freight and dealer fee doesn't mean you have to accept it. I would offer 39K OTD on these 45K MSRP configurations. Less if the car's been on the lot for 40 days.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
yeah, now.... Couldn't find a MR car at all back in January. I wonder with GT350 production coming to an end if all of a sudden these MR units are available.
If I had to do it over again, I agree minimum 301A package with MR. The active exhaust is a bit of a gimmick, but fun on the Ecoboost. Just because Koons wants to add back the Freight and dealer fee doesn't mean you have to accept it. I would offer 39K OTD on these 45K MSRP configurations. Less if the car's been on the lot for 40 days.
Active exhaust is no more gimmick than after market exhaust. Niether is doing much more than changing volume/tone, and at least active exhaust gives you four options in one.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If you're talking about Steeda's cradle centering kit, and Stop The Hop Starter kit, I haven't felt the car need those things yet, and I had them on my last car. Ford did something to the rear suspension starting in 2018 to lessen the rear end hop/skip. And the Magneride helps too.
No, talking about the combination of these two parts.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

The two of those really locked down the movement in the rear end I could feel during mid-corner corrections. Now the rear subframe is absolutely one with the chassis.

When i upgrade the springs and swaybars the car no longer had to lean and then "take a set" in the corner and instead is just always "set" and planted.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

The two of those really locked down the movement in the rear end I could feel during mid-corner corrections. Now the rear subframe is absolutely one with the chassis.

When i upgrade the springs and swaybars the car no longer had to lean and then "take a set" in the corner and instead is just always "set" and planted.
I know what you mean.

You have to get the car to settle by compressing everything down in a curve. I do it now with my PP1.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Those two items used to be in a kit together, and I had them installed on my last car. I've yet to feel in the new car that it's needed. But my car is my DD and I rarely get the opportunity to corner hard. And Ford did something starting in 2018 where they minimized the issue.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....Just because Koons wants to add back the Freight and dealer fee doesn't mean you have to accept it. I would offer 39K OTD on these 45K MSRP configurations. Less if the car's been on the lot for 40 days.
Did you get Koons to drop the freight and fee? From what I've experienced, they don't budge on those.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get Koons to drop the freight and fee?
after a fashion - they lowered the price of the car to net it out. Yes those line-items were on the bill of sale. The only number that matters is car+TTL=out-the-door. Tax and title are readily ascertained. The rest is baloney. I found that Koons Fallschurch is more willing to deal than Sterling. That said, Falls Church has some low-trim Mustangs on their lot that have been there way past 6 months which is just silly.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
after a fashion - they lowered the price of the car to net it out. Yes those line-items were on the bill of sale. The only number that matters is car+TTL=out-the-door. Tax and title are readily ascertained. The rest is baloney. I found that Koons Fallschurch is more willing to deal than Sterling. That said, Falls Church has some low-trim Mustangs on their lot that have been there way past 6 months which is just silly.
They lowered the price of the car lower than their internet "Wow!!" price?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They lowered the price of the car lower than their internet "Wow!!" price?
they had to keep lowering it till the OTD price was 85% of MSRP. That's how this works. With the current crop of 'wow' prices coming in around 83% of MSRP, adding tax and fee gets you back to 85%. So they'll need to 'eat' aka knock the car down by another grand to net out the freight.

A $45K MSRP car at 85% of MSRP is 38.25K OTD. I'll be generous and round up to 38.5. Subtracting out TTL, dealer fee, and freight means the car itself should be itemized at 35K on the nose. For example this one. https://www.koonssterlingford.com/new/Ford/2019-Ford-Mustang-48daa3550a0e0a6b3f3dd7e5fb1ae839.htm
In other words their WoW of 37.5K already has freight and paperwork embedded into it and then some. The "keep the lights on and pay the sales-droid" per car is somewhere between 3-500 depending on locale.

35K even on this particular car means a 20% gross discount from sticker not counting freight (fixed). Or if would prefer to think of it as 12% off the bare car, and 55% off the options. It doesn't cost Ford even 50% of the stated 'price' of the options.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mapped it out, Falls Church is 18hrs or ~1200 miles away from me. The SC2's would be half dead by the time I made it home :cwl:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Falls Church is 18hrs or ~1200 miles away from me. The SC2's would be half dead by the time I made it home
that's what a more rational set of wheels and all-season tires are for. Have Tire-rack deliver a set to the dealer to be installed. ship the PP2 wheels. Though for this level of spend, it's probably cheaper to just have the car trucked to you. Or iron out a sensible deal locally.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that's what a more rational set of wheels and all-season tires are for. Have Tire-rack deliver a set to the dealer to be installed. ship the PP2 wheels. Though for this level of spend, it's probably cheaper to just have the car trucked to you. Or iron out a sensible deal locally.
Supposed to hear back from the dealer this morning on where things sit, they found one but are verifying it is in stock. The only things it was missing to me was safe&smart and active exhaust.

He did find another car that had pretty much everything on it for not much more, but it has the Recaro's, and I don't fit well in those seats. Loss of the heating/cooling is also a detractor.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Those two items used to be in a kit together, and I had them installed on my last car. I've yet to feel in the new car that it's needed. But my car is my DD and I rarely get the opportunity to corner hard. And Ford did something starting in 2018 where they minimized the issue.
Agreed it wasn't noticed in daily driving, but up in the mountains I felt it the first time I got mid-corner and the corner tightened. Would love to be able to just take a good racing line down to the apex, but following mountain road etiquette means sometimes you have to make weird actions due to the road layout. During those corners where you were turned in and then suddenly had to turn in a little harder or suddenly dial out some steering angle I could feel a twitch at the rear that didn't seem to originate with the tires.

Haffl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
We have exactly the same car, except for the transmission. And they were purchased from the same dealership, assuming you meant Koons Ford Sterling.

Whomever orders that cars at the dealership likes the 301A/Magneride/Active Exhaust/PP1 package. And Kona Blue too.
Question. What are you doing for winter driving? Do you have another car or will you be buying an extra set of wheels w/all seasons or winter tires for your Mustang?
Sponsored