Sponsored

Back seat - useful or useless?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Left is the lower back seat behind the drivers seat.
Oh lol. I was looking at it back wards. I see it now. Yeah thats about how mine is.
Sponsored

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
LOL, has anyone flown in economy class lately? I have to do "comfort plus". I'm a 5'10 woman who isn't skinny, and old enough to remember when Mustang began selling. I was just a kid, but it was a big deal. They never had much in the line of back seats, more of "occasional". Anyway, my cousin and his wife went riding around with me- an hour and a half or so. He is about the same height as I, but a lot heavier -maybe 220-230- and folded himself in the back, behind her. We both moved the seats up a little, but not all the way. He even got the seatbelt on, and then sat kind of sidesaddle. He said it actually wasn't bad once he was in. There wasn't room for anything else back there though, and watching him back out of the car was, well, plumber-like.:shock: I only get back there to clean the window, and then leave both doors open because I'm a total claustrophobic, lol

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Yes. My gf at 5’2” and her son at about 5’7”. But I wouldn’t have an adult ride back there for very long. They’re literally sitting right under the glass. I tell them “don’t look up”.
Are you saying your GF is underage? :)

Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible / Velocity Blue / A10
The back seat was the only reason I was able to justify getting rid of my SUV to buy the Mustang as my DD. I haven't been in the back of a coupe, so I can't speak to that, but the convertible back seat is perfectly adequate, and surprisingly useful.
1. I can ride in the back seat, with the top up or down, without needing an immediate follow-up visit to my chiropractor. There's not much leg room in the back, and I wouldn't want to do a road trip back there, but it's not a problem for short trips.
2. I wouldn't have bought the car if others on the forum hadn't already proven you can successfully get car seats back there. The back seats transform it from a mere dead sexy, stupidly fast, bad ass sports car, into a 460hp grocery getter - every parent's dream!
3. I've managed to fit 18 bags of mulch in the car with the top down - 8 bags in the trunk, 10 bags in the backseat / passenger seat (full disclosure, the bags of mulch were not wearing safety belts). They were very easy to load and unload, and I could've fit 2-4 more bags if I had needed to. I was fully prepared to load it up with 20 sandbags this past weekend, but I decided I also needed a full sheet of plywood, so I borrowed the neighbor's truck.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Both my girls enjoy riding in the back seat of the stang. When I first got it they were in boosters but now they are big enough to just sit in the seats. The only reason I got a mustang vs a vette was the back seat. The backs seat can fit adults but I'm cramped as a driver when I have to move my seat up. In my opinion the back seat is ok for kids but useless for adults unless it's an emergency.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I’m 6’1. My seat position means no one could EVER ride behind me. I seriously have never had anyone ride in the back since I’ve owned a Mustang. We use the back seat for extra luggage space on trips....that’s all it’s good for.
I'm only 5'9 and unless you're an 8 year old girl you're not sitting behind me!
Back seats = useless but I love them, they are a great shape and so comfortable if you could ever use them. Currently they are a storage space for my gym bag.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I have owned a 1989, 1992, 2005 T-Bird, 2010, 2011, 2015, and a 2018, Never have I used the back seat for anything but storage, travel, or groceries . The rear seating area is pretty much useless.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The back seat was the only reason I was able to justify getting rid of my SUV to buy the Mustang as my DD. I haven't been in the back of a coupe, so I can't speak to that, but the convertible back seat is perfectly adequate, and surprisingly useful.
1. I can ride in the back seat, with the top up or down, without needing an immediate follow-up visit to my chiropractor. There's not much leg room in the back, and I wouldn't want to do a road trip back there, but it's not a problem for short trips.
2. I wouldn't have bought the car if others on the forum hadn't already proven you can successfully get car seats back there. The back seats transform it from a mere dead sexy, stupidly fast, bad ass sports car, into a 460hp grocery getter - every parent's dream!
3. I've managed to fit 18 bags of mulch in the car with the top down - 8 bags in the trunk, 10 bags in the backseat / passenger seat (full disclosure, the bags of mulch were not wearing safety belts). They were very easy to load and unload, and I could've fit 2-4 more bags if I had needed to. I was fully prepared to load it up with 20 sandbags this past weekend, but I decided I also needed a full sheet of plywood, so I borrowed the neighbor's truck.
upload_2019-9-3_20-13-10.gif

For shedding the mommy mobile anD restoring your manhood. I applaud you

Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I tried after reading the forum to ride in back seat. Im 5'7 215 pounds with a 32 inch waist. Im am currently sending this from the hospital bed.
You need to back off on the weights brus, then you'd fit!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
My old garage before kids looked like that, maybe in 10 years when the youngest starts college I can get back to clutter free!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have owned a 1989, 1992, 2005 T-Bird, 2010, 2011, 2015, and a 2018, Never have I used the back seat for anything but storage, travel, or groceries . The rear seating area is pretty much useless.
And you are 100 years old right?
Sponsored