Sponsored

Has Anyone Switched Their 2019 GT350 To A RED Start Button?

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
This is why I like this forum. We all spent on an average of 63500.00 ++++/---- and we all have different opinions of what looks good, what fits, etc. At this point, I would just like to get my car to push the frigging button. Drive safely friends!!!
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
This is why I like this forum. We all spent on an average of 63500.00 ++++/---- and we all have different opinions of what looks good, what fits, etc. At this point, I would just like to get my car to push the frigging button. Drive safely friends!!!
Me too Mark.
Yup...waiting...the PPF guy still hadn't remounted the gurney or license plate and I decided he should leave off the orig fender badges for now - I ordered new ones so that he gets to work with fresh ones with new lasercut VSB tape later this week or next. At least the GT350 now has the company of a red $3.5M Enzo Ferrari to keep it company in the shop (of course I took pictures). Anyway I sopped by to take pics of mine in the dasylight & settle up. My car looks stunning though I already see some slight flaws under the PPF film (paint defects/dust nubs) and the stripes look a bit more like decals on the edges BUT, idea is to protect - chipped up paint would be worse and these roads are sh** up here - half of the major highways I travel to get anywhere are still scarified for miles.
I'll pick up the car tomorrow & hope the replacement badges come in this week to be mounted as I put on some break in miles for inspection. half the next 6 days have a rain forecast. Can't win.

So how about a start button with blue engraving filler paint. Special for us - Blue for forever holding our breaths waiting.

Last edited:

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Me too Mark.
Yup...waiting...the PPF guy still hadn't remounted the gurney or license plate and I decided he should leave off the fender badges - I ordered new ones so that he gets to work with fresh ones with new prelasercut VSB tape. At least it has the company of a $3.5M Enzo Ferrari to keep it company in the shop. Anyway I sopped by to tsake pics of it & settle up. My car looks stunning though I already see some slight flaws under the PPF film (paint defects/dust nubs) and the stripes look a bit more like decals on the edges BUT, idea is to protect - chipped up paint would be worse and these roads are sh** up here - half of the major highways I travel to get anywhere are still scarified for miles.
I'll pick up the car tomorrow & hope the replacement badges come in this week to be mounted as I put on some break in miles for inspection. half the next 6 days have a rain forecast. Can't win.
How about a start button with blue engraving filler paint. Blue for forever holding our breaths waiting.
Awesome news, Mr, Bill. I am happy you are picking it up tomorrow!!! You can get a pretty penny for those original badges on Ebay! I was thinking of designing a button, resembling the starter button for me to just push every time I check the status on my car. I was thinking it should be black and blue, not only to match my car, but to match the bruises I am developing by checking the status of my car. I should also be developing a large blister or callus by the time it gets here. I'll be on the phone at 8:32 tomorrow morning with my salesperson for the all illusive rail car number. If I don't get any results from him, I will call Ford Performance. If I strike out there, I will call Mr. Ford in Dearborn, Michigan and see if he can give me any info. I had taken this week off to get the car squared away, since it is out there somewhere I cancelled the vacation and hopefully will reschedule when it finally arrives!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So the new button has an led back light that pulses at the same heart rate of a horse? Did they have a summer intern they had to make up a project for?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
So the new button has an led back light that pulses at the same heart rate of a horse? Did they have a summer intern they had to make up a project for?
If the rate doesn't increase when its at full trot/gallop the intern missed their chance at nerd fame.

Sponsored

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Austin, I was under the impression in the 2019, the button had a dual purpose. I thought it not only started and stopped the engine, but it can also be used as an ejector for the driver to bail if the heat gets too much behind the wheel and the horse wants to go into a full gallop.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
And it's only going to get worse Mark as the vehicle gets closer to delivery... Mine sat for almost a week in the rail drop off lot in Hapeville, GA waiting fot a car hauler to pick it up.
IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT...!!!!!!!

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
And it's only going to get worse Mark as the vehicle gets closer to delivery... Mine sat for almost a week in the rail drop off lot in Hapeville, GA waiting fot a car hauler to pick it up.
IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT...!!!!!!!
Hey Dave,

How are things down south? I hope you are out of the are of danger with the storm moving north. I am really hoping I get good news in the morning. I will post what I find out. I feel bad I don't want to hijack this thread about ejector buttons!

deentml89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecostang Premium
If anyone is doing this switch and wants to sell me their stock button let me know. Thanks.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up my 2019 and I personally LOVE the new start button. I had a 2017 vert and swapped the stock GT button (white with red lettering) for the GT350 red button. After I had it on, i felt is just looked too plasticky (is that word?) and in your face. So I purchased a start button cover and painted it matte black... LOL
I used the pick method and no matter how careful I was I ended up destroying the stock GT start button.
As far as the 2019 start button I think it looks classy.. it's understated, and matches the top of the shift knob in color scheme which is really cool. I have no plans to replace it or cover it up.
I heard about the pony heartbeat pulse on the regular GT models, but didn't think that applied to the GT350? I will have to go back and read my manual because I have yet to see it pulsate....
Below are pics of my Vert.... I also put in the GT350 shift knob...

2 (2).jpg
1 (2).jpg

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I recently did the 4” to 8” touch screen swap in my car since it was a base GT350. I actually received a 2019 radio bezel with the newer start button and I gotta say it looks a lot more premium than the plain red one. I personally like it better...

F0ED9A72-0DC4-44EC-9D99-629F67EF70E7.jpeg

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
changes ...changes ...like the button

To each to their own, but for my tastes:

Things I liked PRE- 2019

* Some colors (like avalanche Grey!) were awesome
* The 2015 and 2016 door sills (I still can't get over why they changed them!)
* Smaller rear spoilers is less boy racer to me ...despite new ones also being cool
* solid black interior, (not grey 2 tone they have now)
* older wheels/rims I think were cooler
* not all pre-2017 had the extra coolers
* I liked the look of the drilled brake rotors

Things I like about 2019 onward

new motor block
electronics package (blind spot, b&0 stereo, etc)
stripes have magnetic pinstripe edge, not white
nicer console (more leather like with stitching)
now offer the handling package, but this contradicts the rear spoiler thing
can order the carbon fiber dash (even if a bit shiny)
I actually like the metal/ red start button
How can you not like the snake mud lights?

But is there a bad car in the lot? I doubt it. ALL are awesome.

I got impatient and bought a 2019 since it seemed the deals were too good to pass up, but in some ways I would of loved a 2017 Avalanche with the fat boy heated/ cool seats. But I got sick of waiting for the right one, at the right price
I'm happy with mine to as I feel the car is in "traditional" Shelby colors, but I haven't seen a single color I don't like in person. That's the key.....not seeing just a pic, but in person. ALL GT350's look awesome to me, no matter what the color

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
changes ...changes ...like the button

To each to their own, but for my tastes:

Things I liked PRE- 2019

* Some colors (like avalanche Grey!) were awesome
* The 2015 and 2016 door sills (I still can't get over why they changed them!)
* Smaller rear spoilers is less boy racer to me ...despite new ones also being cool
* solid black interior, (not grey 2 tone they have now)
* older wheels/rims I think were cooler
* not all pre-2017 had the extra coolers
* I liked the look of the drilled brake rotors

Things I like about 2019 onward

new motor block
electronics package (blind spot, b&0 stereo, etc)
stripes have magnetic pinstripe edge, not white
nicer console (more leather like with stitching)
now offer the handling package, but this contradicts the rear spoiler thing
can order the carbon fiber dash (even if a bit shiny)

But is there a bad car in the lot? I doubt it. ALL are awesome.

I got impatient and bought a 2019 since it seemed the deals were too good to pass up, but in some ways I would of loved a 2017 Avalanche with the fat boy heated/ cool seats. But I got sick of waiting for the right one, at the right price
I'm happy with mine to as I feel the car is in "traditional" Shelby colors, but I haven't seen a single color I don't like in person. That's the key.....not seeing just a pic, but in person. ALL GT350's look awesome to me, no matter what the color
Totally agree with your assessment. Especially on the changes to the 2019. I'll be looking to swap out the "swing" for the 2017-18 spoiler eventually. It's growing on me, but just is too over the top...
I specifically avoided the carbon fiber dash also as the gloss did not fit the interior at all, very happy with the new look textured dash. In the end I can concede to some of the 2019 changes to get the engines changes, better stereo, bliss, and those cool cobra puddle lamps! LOL..

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
One of the things about the "swing" is I have seen a few GT350 owners add the word "SHELBY" spaced across the whole trunk lip. Looks awesome. But with the stripes, and the swing, it just seems like that would make it way too busy, where a 2015-18 I think stripes or not it would be killer

If you have stripes notice how they cut the stripes around part of it, yet part goes under it. I don't think you can redo the spoiler unless you either get rid of the stripes, or get different stripes, and I assume all the ones with the magnetic edge trim like the rest of the car is going to be cut for the swing (and pre 19 won't match since it will be white edge trim)
Sponsored