Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'll probably start with an open face helmet just for glasses and dealing with the heat, and for drinking. I have progressive sun glasses that I can use.
IMO if you're going to invest into a helmet, might as well buy a full helmet. That way you'll never run into an organization where the helmet isn't allowed and if need be you can close the visor to protect from elements.

It would be good to know who those bodies are that demand a full face helmet, that way you could avoid them. Obviously they are a little over the top on the safety aspect of it. A couple of groups I know of don't even require a helmet if you have a late model car with containment bags and you run with the windows up. Those are the groups that have actually done some research into helmet use in cars with containment bag systems, they don't necessarily play nice with each other.
Don't forget the helmet also protects you in case of fire. Also most organizations won't let you run with windows up, regardless of how new your car is, so there's that.

OP
OP

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10