Sponsored

PBD or Lund Ngauge? Which catless longtubes are the best deal?

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
So next week I'm ordering my Ngauge and catless longtubes but I'm not sure who to go with. I know Lund Racing is a great choice and they are more expensive but IMO well worth it. I've been hearing a lot of really good things about PBD also so I need pros & cons for both.

As for the longtubes, I'm just looking for the best fitment and price i can find. For now I'm leaving the stock resonator as I'm running a muffler delete axle back at the moment. I plan to buy a catback in the next few months just not sure which one yet. I've heard a lot of good things about AWE's touring catback, but I'm leaning towards a Magnaflow catback because I'm looking for the old muscle car rumble and Magnaflow is the best I've heard so far. So any suggestions or advice are appreciated.
Sponsored

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
can go either way, personally i had issues with my PBD tune and proved it several times by flashing to stock and problem would go away, swapped to Lund and never had an issues. Currently running E85R tune and my logs were spot on from the first tune and in the most optimum settings possible. Car pulls hard and feels strong. Good luck.

OP
OP
damondewaynehuff84

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
can go either way, personally i had issues with my PBD tune and proved it several times by flashing to stock and problem would go away, swapped to Lund and never had an issues. Currently running E85R tune and my logs were spot on from the first tune and in the most optimum settings possible. Car pulls hard and feels strong. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the Lund Racing Ngauge with flexfuel and E85r tune. Plan on getting CAI and catless LTHs and most likely magnaflow competition catback. I've heard that you don't necessarily need bigger injectors but with all the mods I might as well just go ahead and get the injectors also.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I've used the Lund NGauge with a 93, Flex, and E85r tune since i've had 5000 miles on the car. Has been perfect since day 1. Catless with muffler deletes is going to be wake the dead loud.even with the stock resonator. If you don't change your intake manifold you have no need to change your injectors at this point. Save your money for a 18 manifold and do injectors during that install.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Both tuners have ups and downs. I personally went to PBD with my 18, since I had issues with kind tuning my 15. Nothing crazy, just wasn't a satisfied customer. I've had PBD for almost a year now and I'm happy.

I installed Texas speed LTs about two months ago and they fit fine. It's just a shitty job to do. It was shitty on my15 lol. But the Texas speed have angled 02s, so that helps with e85.

I would suggest their long kit and put your stock mufflers back on.

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I've dealt with both Lund and PBD personally on my cars and I can't say anything but wonderful things about both. Rob at PBD currently handles my 1200whp 2017 and he has it idling like a stock car on 1700cc injectors. As for the headers, everyone has their personal preference but I recommend Kooks catless setup, sounds amazing. Let me know if I can help you out with anything over at Lethalperformance.com.

OP
OP
damondewaynehuff84

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
I've dealt with both Lund and PBD personally on my cars and I can't say anything but wonderful things about both. Rob at PBD currently handles my 1200whp 2017 and he has it idling like a stock car on 1700cc injectors. As for the headers, everyone has their personal preference but I recommend Kooks catless setup, sounds amazing. Let me know if I can help you out with anything over at Lethalperformance.com.

I've been checking out your website a lot the past couple days. Seems like value wise the PBD Ngauge and tune is the better deal. Anywhere I look I'll be around $830-$1,000 with FF/E85 tune if I get Lund. Not sure about the price with PBD.

Headers aren't something that I want to spend a bunch of money on because let's face it they are headers. I'm not worried about paying for BIG NAME headers. Honestly on all my past mustangs I've had multiple different headers and the cheaper ones work just as good as top dollars.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I've been checking out your website a lot the past couple days. Seems like value wise the PBD Ngauge and tune is the better deal. Anywhere I look I'll be around $830-$1,000 with FF/E85 tune if I get Lund. Not sure about the price with PBD.

Headers aren't something that I want to spend a bunch of money on because let's face it they are headers. I'm not worried about paying for BIG NAME headers. Honestly on all my past mustangs I've had multiple different headers and the cheaper ones work just as good as top dollars.
PBD will be about the same price as well so its really just down to your preference. Also I will agree with your header statement, Texas Speed makes a set of cheaper headers that I've used and they sound great too.

OP
OP
damondewaynehuff84

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
I've used the Lund NGauge with a 93, Flex, and E85r tune since i've had 5000 miles on the car. Has been perfect since day 1. Catless with muffler deletes is going to be wake the dead loud.even with the stock resonator. If you don't change your intake manifold you have no need to change your injectors at this point. Save your money for a 18 manifold and do injectors during that install.
Yeah I know its gonna be loud till I get a catback put on. The thought of buying injectors is because of the intake. I'm planning on buying an intake in a month or so. I was gonna go ahead and get the tune setup for it.

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You can't go wrong with Palm Beach Dyno or Lund. I am currently tuned with Lund and it drives better than stock.

As far as long tubes go, I am partial to Kooks, but the Texas Speed long tubes seem to be a great value. They all make around the same HP, but research as some do fit better than others.

I would look for a header with the O2 bungs welded at an angle.

The Texas Speed now weld their O2 bungs at an angle which is ideal with E85.

Sponsored
OP
OP
damondewaynehuff84

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
You can't go wrong with Palm Beach Dyno or Lund. I am currently tuned with Lund and it drives better than stock.

As far as long tubes go, I am partial to Kooks, but the Texas Speed long tubes seem to be a great value. They all make around the same HP, but research as some do fit better than others.

I would look for a header with the O2 bungs welded at an angle.

The Texas Speed now weld their O2 bungs at an angle which is ideal with E85.

Thanks for the suggestions. My Texas Speed headers will be here Tuesday. My Lund Ngauge will be here by end of the week!

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Be cautious of "best deal" on headers. Look not only at how they are constructed externally but also internal in the collector. Years ago when I was doing a 2005, I decided to go with headers. I was going to buy Kooks. The distributor showed me a "brand b" header set and how they looked the same but were 40% cheaper. I later found out why when I picked the car up. Where the pipes come together at he collector, the weld was not complete. The distributor went through the 2 other sets they had in stock and found both had the same issue. They reverted to a demo set on a mock up in the show room and the bank 1 side was good. They installed it and it held for about 6 months and then it was leaking again in the same spot. Go with a reliable brand. If that means holding off and waiting a while longer then do it. I still do not know why this place (no longer deal with them) were bent on selling me the "brand b" over the Kooks unless there was a larger profit margin for them even though the price of the set was cheaper.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Lund Racing is hands down the best in the business. Lund tunes the quickest GTs, GT500s, Ford GT's, F150s'.

The trans tuning espeically seperates the men from the boys. Feel free to hit me with any questions.

We have some amazing deals on Lund Ngauges today, along with some great deals on Pypes, Stainless Power, and Texas Speed headers!!

Feel free to reach out to me at 855 TBR RACE - or 513-478-1965
www.teambeefcakeracing.com

Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
Office - 855-TBR-RACE - Cell 513-478-1965
Owner Team Beefcake - 20+ Years Experience
Deal Directly with the boss, no pushy sales guys!!!!!!!

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
does the lund tune come standard with transmission tuning? anyone? thanks

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads