What is the most pointless thing you've bought for your S550?

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I paid $30 for blue "lens covers" that change the color of the Pony Projection lights from white to blue. Could have gone to an art/craft store and got a piece of blue cellophane for .16 cents.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I think we have a new leader. That’s a lot on money just so you do not have to go to DMV.
Since nobody buying a car from a dealer in AZ (1 of 2 states available) EVER has to go to the DMV for the life of the car, not much of an advantage.

Last edited:

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Take me with you!! Lol fuck this place ... You can change your gender but you can't change your exhaust.
I do live in a 6 bedroom house that has 4.5 acres that would be worth probably 7 million in California, 17 million on the coast. I had a great job there too. The state just kept going straight down hill every year now it's every month there. If you do leave you're welcome to Texas! We need more like you it's changing too in 15 to 20 years this will be California.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Bought a cobra badge. My Mustang was no Cobra
Did you actually put it on your car? I've had Mustang novices actually ask if my Mustang was a Roush or a Cobra, but I would never put something like that on my car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Did you actually put it on your car? I've had Mustang novices actually ask if my Mustang was a Roush or a Cobra, but I would never put something like that on my car.
I get asked about my California Special being a Shelby. Might have something to do with the GT/CS on the side stripe.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
"South of the Border" sticker on the inside of my trunk.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I get asked about my California Special being a Shelby. Might have something to do with the GT/CS on the side stripe.
Oh, boy!

I get to drag out my GT/CS-Shelby story:

At the introduction function for Terlingua Shelby Mustangs, Lajitas, Texas, September, 2008, I rolled up next to Mr Carroll Shelby, who was conferring with some of his executives. I was driving my 2009 GT/CS coupe, white, with the GT/CS side stripe within an arm's reach from him. I said I had been waiting to tell about my purchase a few weeks earlier. I told Mr Shelby the sales guy said the "CS" was for "Carroll Shelby". Mr Shelby said "Or Chicken Sh*t". I said "That's what I was afraid of. I better take it back". Then he asked what it really stood for. someone told him, and I missed the next comments.

mrShelbyFV_7896.jpg

mrShelbyFGTVCS+V_7896.jpg

The very nice GT/CS in the drag race staging lanes; lunch preparations can be seen above.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
A supercharger. I never needed the extra, it was just nice. Same for the stereo upgrade. Pointless but nice.

Everything worked fine the way the car came, but...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Oh, boy!

I get to drag out my GT/CS-Shelby story:

At the introduction function for Terlingua Shelby Mustangs, Lajitas, Texas, September, 2008, I rolled up next to Mr Carroll Shelby, who was conferring with some of his executives. I was driving my 2009 GT/CS coupe, white, with the GT/CS side stripe within an arm's reach from him. I said I had been waiting to tell about my purchase a few weeks earlier. I told Mr Shelby the sales guy said the "CS" was for "Carroll Shelby". Mr Shelby said "Or Chicken Sh*t". I said "That's what I was afraid of. I better take it back". Then he asked what it really stood for. someone told him, and I missed the next comments.

mrShelbyFV_7896.jpg

mrShelbyFGTVCS+V_7896.jpg

The very nice GT/CS in the drag race staging lanes; lunch preparations can be seen above.
Great story Frank, thank you for sharing. That car looks awesome. Of course, it’s white. To top it off 24 is my wife’s and my special number.