Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
  • Banned
Just bought a new 2019 GT 350 R TUESDAY. Took the mustang straight from the dealership, about a two hour drive, to the detailer for PPF and Ceramic coating. Car ran awesome then and since I have picked it up from the detailer, which was yesterday it has been running great. Took it out today for some spirited driving and it handles FANTASTIC AND SOUNDS AWESOME ! Looks good to.

But I am hearing a rattling noise that I think is coming from under the rear seat delete area or behind the rear seat delete area. I thought it was something lose in the trunk, but that was not it. I have climbed all over the inside of the trunk and I took up the flooring in the trunk where the portable tire air compressor is stored by ford. I can not find anything lose in the trunk area.

I am thinking it has to be something lose either under the rear seat delete or behind. I was going to take the rear seat delete out, but none of my screw drivers would fit the rear seat delete screws.

The sound is like a small bolt rolling around either under or behind the rear seat delete and I only hear it when I am taking sharp corners and turns on back roads, basically during hard corning. NO SOUND when driving straight ahead.

Other than that, the GT 350 runs awesome ! I was just curious if anybody else experienced this and if it might be something that was or was not done during vehicle prep ?

Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
  • Banned
Other than the standard dealer prep, the ford dealer installed the strut mount kit to the 2 front wheels so I can adjust the camber for race settings when I take it to the track. He set the camber for street driving per Ford camber settings, and he showed me. And when I had the car detailed the rear wheels were taken off and treated/cleaned, but they where put back on with the exact torque settings per ford. Other than that , I don't know ?

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Shipping blocks in the rear springs ?

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Shipping blocks in the rear springs ?
Ok. Would that make that noise when cornering only, but not make that noise when driving straight ?

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Really have no idea., I have heard a lot of guys on this forum find them after getting the car home..

Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Really have no idea., I have heard a lot of guys on this forum find them after getting the car home..
OK. Thank you. Are the shipping blocks yellow ?

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are yellow

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Believe they may yellow or white ?
OK. Thank you. That might be it. Just seems odd I only hear it when taking corners and it sounds like something rolling around.

Next question I have is will I damage the suspension if I do not get it taken care of until Tuesday ?

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
Did the noise start after being at the coaters? Most ceramic coating places pull the wheels and coat them. Did they coat your wheels? If they were removed, I would go over them to make sure they're properly seated and torqued to specs.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Did the noise start after being at the coaters? Most ceramic coating places pull the wheels and coat them. Did they coat your wheels? If they were removed, I would go over them to make sure they're properly seated and torqued to specs.
Yes you are right, he did pull the rear wheels only, but I talked to him about that and he said he properly seated them and torqued them to ford specs. He also did my 2017 GT 350 and he did all 4 wheels on that mustang. I will check with him again.

Sponsored

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
Yes you are right, he did pull the rear wheels only, but I talked to him about that and he said he properly seated them and torqued them to ford specs. He also did my 2017 GT 350 and he did all 4 wheels on that mustang. I will check with him again.
I would check for the shipping blocks and reseat the wheels myself. It should pretty easy to check both things. Shipping blocks are often left in place by dealerships, search on this forum and you'll see examples of it. Does your car look like its sitting higher than other R's in pictures? If a wheel isn't seated properly it can be hard to see, with them being carbon I would check each one before driving the car any distance.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
doesnt sound like the shipping blocks. they dont sound like metal screws when you turn. when my R got delivered, it still had the yellow blocks in them.this is what they look like:

IMG_20181116_081125.jpg
Shipping blocks are removed, I just checked. I have them in a bag, so yes the dealer removed them.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I would check for the shipping blocks and reseat the wheels myself. It should pretty easy to check both things. Shipping blocks are often left in place by dealerships, search on this forum and you'll see examples of it. Does your car look like its sitting higher than other R's in pictures? If a wheel isn't seated properly it can be hard to see, with them being carbon I would check each one before driving the car any distance.
Thank you very much. The shipping blocks have been removed. I feel confident that the wheels were installed properly, but if they were not torqued and seated properly, why do I only hear it when cornering and not when driving straight ?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just bought a new 2019 GT 350 R TUESDAY. Took the mustang straight from the dealership, about a two hour drive, to the detailer for PPF and Ceramic coating. Car ran awesome then and since I have picked it up from the detailer, which was yesterday it has been running great. Took it out today for some spirited driving and it handles FANTASTIC AND SOUNDS AWESOME ! Looks good to.

But I am hearing a rattling noise that I think is coming from under the rear seat delete area or behind the rear seat delete area. I thought it was something lose in the trunk, but that was not it. I have climbed all over the inside of the trunk and I took up the flooring in the trunk where the portable tire air compressor is stored by ford. I can not find anything lose in the trunk area.

I am thinking it has to be something lose either under the rear seat delete or behind. I was going to take the rear seat delete out, but none of my screw drivers would fit the rear seat delete screws.

The sound is like a small bolt rolling around either under or behind the rear seat delete and I only hear it when I am taking sharp corners and turns on back roads, basically during hard corning. NO SOUND when driving straight ahead.

Other than that, the GT 350 runs awesome ! I was just curious if anybody else experienced this and if it might be something that was or was not done during vehicle prep ?

Thank you.
Is your selling dealership a 2 hour drive or was that the time to your detailer? If your selling dealership is a long ways away I suggest that you take your car to the closest Ford dealership and they can look at and diagnose for you.

Regardless if your dealership is close or not I would head over to a Ford dealership with your R model and take the service director for a spirited drive and let him experience the sound that you are hearing.

Most service directors have probably never had a spirited drive in an R and suggest that they would welcome the opportunity!

I have owned numerous R models with all of them being Base R's and of course there is nothing in the trunk on those cars whereas your trunk area is much different from what I am used to but sounds like you have done an extensive search in your trunk area which then leaves the rear seat delete area to be dealt with.

I do remember my fuel filler nozzle being loose in one of my cars and that made a noise but sounds like something totally different for your car.

Look, this is a brand new 2019 R and suggest that your service director should be able to determine where this sound is coming from and the cause and should be very easy to diagnose for you and happy that is your only concern.

Keep us in the loop as to what the cause was for the noise and should be an easy fix!

:)
Sponsored