Sponsored

Tyre Stickers - Yes or No ?!

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I must admit I’m starting to really like the look of tyre stickers ! Probably from spending too much time looking at Stangs over the pond on IG !

Example picture

8E030652-CF7E-491F-936C-033895674C95.jpeg

Watching video as like this are what’s making me consider this mod !

What’s people’s thoughts, Yes or No ?
Sponsored

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Had them on mine when i first got it. Admittedly they looked great for the first 4-6 months but when winter rolled around they turned pretty crappy.

Have got MPS4s rears and Pirelli's still on the front so had to peel them off. :crackup:

Here they are on mine... the first mod i ever did (pre lowering and spacers etc so ignore the monster truck look).

img_3551-jpg.jpg

img_3550-jpg.jpg

pdavison

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible 5.0 V8
I think it’s very colour dependent ... on red, grabber blue, black and white I think they look great!

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Had them on mine when i first got it. Admittedly they looked great for the first 4-6 months but when winter rolled around they turned pretty crappy.

Have got MPS4s rears and Pirelli's still on the front so had to peel them off. :crackup:

Here they are on mine... the first mod i ever did (pre lowering and spacers etc so ignore the monster truck look).

img_3551-jpg.jpg

img_3550-jpg.jpg
Looks good, you can get some proprietary cleaner to maintain the white colour.

I also have a superstar set of winter wheels with winter tyres on so this would only be for the summer months in theory !

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Was thinking about this myself today, think I’m gonna go for the tyre pen first and do the Michelin writing and the Michelin man and see how it looks, seen it on a few now and love the look.

Even did a cheeky photoshop of the stick on letters....

E0868243-22AB-4FED-BF3F-9CA8492619F3.jpeg

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
RWL's have become is a lost styling que on modern cars.

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Was thinking about this myself today, think I’m gonna go for the tyre pen first and do the Michelin writing and the Michelin man and see how it looks, seen it on a few now and love the look.

That'll look great Adam. Very NASCAR :captain:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Don't bother with the tyre pen. It's a toss-up whether it gets dirty quickly and turns brown, simply fades off or if you drive hard gets scrubbed off due to tyre roll.

I was putting my refurbed wheels on so had the opportunity to lay each wheel down and it (doing them in-situ is a bastard) and I put a couple of coats on and they still looked shit after a couple of weeks.

I'm going to get the permanent Michelin logo from tirestickers.com (https://www.tirestickers.com/shop/michelin-tire-stickers-blue-white-design/) along with the proper cleaner and adhesive when I get a new set of boots as even their semi-permanent ones only have a suggested life of 5-8K miles.

EDIT: just ordered them so should be delivered within a week or so. £110 for four 1.25" logos. As worn by all the most fashionable racecars. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
This is mine photoshopped, I’m really tempted now ! I’m due a new set of fronts to finally get rid of the original P Zeros so will do this when I swap the tyres I think.

49A3EE8D-629C-467D-B885-9B3C7911A3A6.jpeg

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is mine photoshopped, I’m really tempted now ! I’m due a new set of fronts to finally get rid of the original P Zeros so will do this when I swap the tyres I think.

49A3EE8D-629C-467D-B885-9B3C7911A3A6.jpeg
Excellent example of where it really works. As above, I say "yes" to the original question, but more so for the brighter colours and to compliment some more visual mods.

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
Way back when I was just a "child", late 1960's/early 1970's, the cool thing to do with your black wall tires was to buy a special .98 cent white or colored oil based "crayon" to highlight the lettering on your tires.

I did it to my cars and thought it was a great look, the new version is much more in your face, ALMOST LIKE SHOUTING OUT.. LOOK AT ME, instead of just a subtle enhancing of the tire ,
the oversized lettering a little bit much for my old fart tastes...
What goes around comes around, nothing new here just a different generation of car us nuts! :like:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We used to stick orange flames coming from the wheel arches and fake bullet holes in the glass.
can't forget the hydraulics system and banging cherry paint if the modifier had deep pockets full of stacks :D

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Don't bother with the tyre pen. It's a toss-up whether it gets dirty quickly and turns brown, simply fades off or if you drive hard gets scrubbed off due to tyre roll.

I was putting my refurbed wheels on so had the opportunity to lay each wheel down and it (doing them in-situ is a bastard) and I put a couple of coats on and they still looked shit after a couple of weeks.

I'm going to get the permanent Michelin logo from tirestickers.com (https://www.tirestickers.com/shop/michelin-tire-stickers-blue-white-design/) along with the proper cleaner and adhesive when I get a new set of boots as even their semi-permanent ones only have a suggested life of 5-8K miles.

EDIT: just ordered them so should be delivered within a week or so. £110 for four 1.25" logos. As worn by all the most fashionable racecars. :D
OOOh these guys do the F1 style letters - I could get Red stripes round the tyre and Michelin wording.... I've wanted this since the 'Pirelli Colours' tyres were released a couple of years ago but they're ridiculously expensive. Looking at $230 incl shipping for these... damn thats tempting!
Sponsored