Extended Warranty GT500

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
I have just put my order in (late to the party) and was wondering what the future GT500 owners thoughts were on getting the extended warranty at time of purchase?
Sponsored

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
I tend to wait, personally. There is no reason, in my opinion, to spend the money on an extended warranty until I'm near that 36 month mark. It's just sitting in someone's pocket not doing me any good.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I think if you will keep the car past the base warranty, buying the extended warrant from day one is a definite. The closer you purchase it to the date you buy the car, the cheaper the cost. If you wait till the end of the base warranty, it will cost more to buy it, mostly negating keeping the money in your bank anyway. The trick however, it to purchase from Flood Ford ESP Warranty, not from your selling dealer. They will up-charge you as much as thousands to make a profit, when you can buy from Flood Ford yourself, after you take delivery of the car. Or ask them to match Flood Ford's price, but I will bet they will not. Actually I think if you purchase it from Flood Ford within the first year you will get the same price, but if your going to buy it in the first year you may as well buy it from day one.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgPa9j-2w5AIVBhgMCh2NdgCoEAAYASAAEgJ2xvD_BwE

I just looked and you can even see the price for a new 2020 GT500 8 year/ 100,000 with zero deductible is $1,795.00. I pretty much guarantee no dealer will sell it fir that price.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: I completely agree and always keep a vehicle beyond the base warranty so these days, with the cost of parts and service, I too go for pretty much the maximum extended I can get. For sure that will be the case with this car.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I think if you will keep the car past the base warranty, buying the extended warrant from day one is a definite. The closer you purchase it to the date you buy the car, the cheaper the cost. If you wait till the end of the base warranty, it will cost more to buy it, mostly negating keeping the money in your bank anyway. The trick however, it to purchase from Flood Ford ESP Warranty, not from your selling dealer. They will up-charge you as much as thousands to make a profit, when you can buy from Flood Ford yourself, after you take delivery of the car. Or ask them to match Flood Ford's price, but i will bet they will not. Actually I think if you purchase it from Flood Ford within the first year you will get the best price, but if your going to buy it in the first year you may as well buy it from day one.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgPa9j-2w5AIVBhgMCh2NdgCoEAAYASAAEgJ2xvD_BwE

I just looked and you can even see the price for 2020 GT500 8 year/ 100,000 with zero deductible is $1,795.00. I
pretty much guarantee no dealer will sell it fir that price.
I got the Flood Ford warranty on my Raptor for 5 years/100k and will do the same with this car. The dealers make a lot of money on Extended warranties, so peace of mind for a high dollar vehicle for 1500k is def worth it IMO.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Just Plain Bill

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Jamie, thanks much for the info on Flood Ford. That will be how I go.

This Mustang community is incredible !

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
WOW, all kidding aside that is a really good deal. I will go with the $200 Deductible Plan and the 75,000 mile and 6 year deal for the $675.00. Thats a bargain and then some. Many of us don't put on alot of miles, especially if you live in the northern or midwest states where we can't even drive our Shelbys from late Nov. to early April. THANK YOU as that is really valuable information.

Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Well, since I am 71, I will probably not go with the 8 year plan.... just saying :)
Hi Bill; I have a good friend that just turned 81 years of age and he drives his C7 2015 Corvette pretty much every day. Except in the winter as we live here in crappy weather Omaha. LOL. At 71 you are not old by any means Bill.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jamie, thanks much for the info on Flood Ford. That will be how I go.

This Mustang community is incredible !
Many thanks for the warranty post, Jaime.
WOW, all kidding aside that is a really good deal. I will go with the $200 Deductible Plan and the 75,000 mile and 6 year deal for the $675.00. Thats a bargain and then some. Many of us don't put on alot of miles, especially if you live in the northern or midwest states where we can't even drive our Shelbys from late Nov. to early April. THANK YOU as that is really valuable information.

Happy to pass the information along :dance:

Well, since I am 71, I will probably not go with the 8 year plan.... just saying :)
Nah, this car is going to make you find a way. Better get the full boat :rockon:

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
I think if you will keep the car past the base warranty, buying the extended warrant from day one is a definite. The closer you purchase it to the date you buy the car, the cheaper the cost. If you wait till the end of the base warranty, it will cost more to buy it, mostly negating keeping the money in your bank anyway. The trick however, it to purchase from Flood Ford ESP Warranty, not from your selling dealer. They will up-charge you as much as thousands to make a profit, when you can buy from Flood Ford yourself, after you take delivery of the car. Or ask them to match Flood Ford's price, but I will bet they will not. Actually I think if you purchase it from Flood Ford within the first year you will get the same price, but if your going to buy it in the first year you may as well buy it from day one.

I just looked and you can even see the price for a new 2020 GT500 8 year/ 100,000 with zero deductible is $1,795.00. I pretty much guarantee no dealer will sell it fir that price.
Thanks Jmeo, that's a good tip. I purchased an ESP from Flood Ford for my Shelby and the price I paid simply matched their chart, they never quoted me anything specific to my warranty date that I'm aware of, just that I was still within my bumper to bumper warranty. I wasn't aware it costs more later. I'll keep an eye out on my next purchase.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I will also get the 75,000 coverage, but I will do the 8 year plan. My only other advice is to seriously consider spending a few hundred more and go zero deductible or at least the $50 deductible.

At $675, and if you use the coverage once with $200 deductible, you will have spent $875. This is only $100 less than buying the $925 (6 year) / $50 deductible option from the start. If you need another warranty visit, you have now spent another $200 equalling $1.075, which is only $40 less than the zero deductible plan. Having the zero deductible plan, you never pay more that the original purchase, and the $50 plan is the next best thing.

This is just the way my brain works. This being a first run car alone stands a good chance of having 2 or more warranty visits over the 6 years of your planned ownership.

Jaime
Sponsored