Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Two Men Enter! One Man Leave! Hahaha
Damn ummmm I mean darn right! That’s how real men settle their shi.......um stuff. Choosing my words carefully here. :lipssealed:Don’t wanna get kicked out for abusive of offensive language.:giggle:
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Sorry to detract from the arguing, but holy crap she is fast...wow. Thanks for the share, that is a Camaro killer in factory form. Oh damn, i forgot, it is now competing against the Corvette. Funny how that works. Good job Ford, impressive.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The only fanboy here is you, you are defending a car that has not released real world results, meaning they have not been tested by anyone other than Ford.

We should make a bet, if the GT500 is in the company (within 1-2 seconds) of the ZR1 and Viper ACR at VIR (VIR laptimes), it will need to clock in at 2:40.2 OR FASTER. If it does, I will quit this site.
If the GT500 doesnt lap faster than 2:40.2, you have to quit this site.
C'mon easy bet right? I mean "logical to say they are a 10/10" "landing blows left and right" and all that other bs, I mean a heavier car with better brakes should have more grip in the corners right?

Lol already faster than #3... wtf list are you looking at, no way in fucking hell is a gt500 faster than a 720s.

Edit: shit, even 2:42 or faster. Basically be quicker than the Ford GT at VIR according to https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014
LOL :D
Ive got a better bet. if the GT500 beat the viper ACRs time on Gratton, how about you leave :)
I mean im a fan of the gt500 so i deserve to be here, you hate it and do not, so why should we have a 50/50 bet, since the gt500 is such a pig to begin with?

deal?

sorry, #4. again, notice anything similar about that viper?
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The only fanboy here is you, you are defending a car that has not released real world results, meaning they have not been tested by anyone other than Ford.

We should make a bet, if the GT500 is in the company (within 1-2 seconds) of the ZR1 and Viper ACR at VIR (VIR laptimes), it will need to clock in at 2:40.2 OR FASTER. If it does, I will quit this site.
C'mon easy bet right? I mean "logical to say they are a 10/10" "landing blows left and right" and all that other bs, I mean a heavier car with better brakes should have more grip in the corners right?

Lol already faster than #3... wtf list are you looking at, no way in fucking hell is a gt500 faster than a 720s.

Edit: shit, even 2:42 or faster. Basically be quicker than the Ford GT at VIR according to https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014
The GT already did a 2:38 with a pro. You can't compare the Vipers 2:40 with a pro to the GTs 2:43 with a slow journalist.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Ive got a better bet. if the GT500 beat the viper ACRs time on Gratton, how about you leave :)
I mean im a fan of the gt500 so i deserve to be here, you hate it and do not, so why should we have a 50/50 bet, since the gt500 is such a pig to begin with?

deal?

sorry, #4. again, notice anything similar about that viper?
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014
If ford hasnt posted a time, it doesnt count. Dont you know how this works? :cwl:
The real time to look forward to are VIR and laguna seca. Gt500 will not be within 2 seconds of the viper on either track, membership bet
Maybe when you get time off this place you can actually drive the gt500 at the track you seem so keen on defending. But I bet you're nothing but a waxer. LOL

And I will be in Viper6g
But you dont even own a viper. :cwl:

The GT already did a 2:38 with a pro. You can't compare the Vipers 2:40 with a pro to the GTs 2:43 with a slow journalist.
True, I wonder why that time isnt posted?

Either way the gt500 isnt going to clock a 2:42 at VIR, got a membership bet with v00d00 who is using a stopwatch from 1 perspective video. :devil:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Interesting: But in truth Ford NEVER POST TIMES. They have been to different tracks, and all the while, they never post the times themselves. They never have come out and said, X car ran the ring in X:XX. Maybe I been under a rock, but I have never seen it done. So I'm guessing we will not see any times until a magazine do them.

As far as the video goes, It's really not hard to time it. Depending on the software, it times it for you. If you look at the aspect ratio and frame timer, you can see how long it takes the Red GT500 to come back to the line that is on the track. I believe it's 1:21:18. How accurate is that ? I would say it's pretty accurate. But of course it's not anything official. But I will say I think this car is going to hurt some feelings.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Silly gif.gif

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Those lightning DCT shifts you can hear them.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Interesting: But in truth Ford NEVER POST TIMES. They have been to different tracks, and all the while, they never post the times themselves. They never have come out and said, X car ran the ring in X:XX. Maybe I been under a rock, but I have never seen it done. So I'm guessing we will not see any times until a magazine do them.

As far as the video goes, It's really not hard to time it. Depending on the software, it times it for you. If you look at the aspect ratio and frame timer, you can see how long it takes the Red GT500 to come back to the line that is on the track. I believe it's 1:21:18. How accurate is that ? I would say it's pretty accurate. But of course it's not anything official. But I will say I think this car is going to hurt some feelings.
Ford did post the GT time which got eclipsed by the ZR1. Ford wasnt really trying to break a record they just did on accident. I think if they had the same effort corvette team did the GT will be on top.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Ford should post the official time and share their miracle technology with the entire world because whatever they did to that 4200 lbs rwd car with 315’s running faster times than a 3300 lbs Viper ACR with 355’s, especially on a small track like that, deserves a Nobel prize and a key achievement in the history of automobile technology.:clap:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
which got eclipsed by the ZR1
Ahhh your precious ZR1:

"Spy photographers spotted Chevy testing its most-powerful factory Corvette ever, the ZR1, on the Nürburgring Nordschleife on numerous occasions last year. Yet, we never received an official lap time.

The answer is likely because, well, it's rather disappointing. According to a Facebook post from retired Corvette test driver, Jim Mero, the Chevy Corvette ZR1 hustled its way around the Green Hell in a quick but not record-challenging 7:04. That's slower than what the Corvette team hoped for, which was a sub-7-minute run."
c_oc=AQk9PYvnMG6mAmiJYaCD-tf0sRDHcbsiUhTWPcKthHeBcono3v1W18rPhu8b1dd21Yg&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.jpg

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Ford should post the official time and share their miracle technology with the entire world because whatever they did to that 4200 lbs rwd car with 315’s running faster times than a 3300 lbs Viper ACR with 355’s, especially on a small track like that, deserves a Nobel prize and a key achievement in the history of automobile technology.:clap:
I agree with this statement :like: