True story....

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I was in Half Moon Bay and stopped by James Ford. They have 7 GT350’s out front. A sales person came out to talk with us to see if we were interested in a deal. I let them know I already had one. They suggested I trade up.

I said you have quite a collection here. They said, we’re very proud of our collection.

I found that remark funny as every 350 was filthy and covered in bird poop.

I said what they were offering on them . 5k over they said.

I said sorry, as long as there’s adm, i’m not interested.

If you are, I recommend they throw in a paint correction and ceramic coat. Lol
Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
California dealers have always been smoking the reefer.

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
Well, the world is full of too many people who have to have it now, and are willing to pay the “now” tax. As a business, the dealer is maximizing their profits on a rare-ish commodity.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Well, the world is full of too many people who have to have it now, and are willing to pay the “now” tax. As a business, the dealer is maximizing their profits on a rare-ish commodity.
I don't think that having 6 in stock at the end of the model year is a good business plan. The dealer might agree with me at this stage.

Sixx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
19 GT 350
I tried to buy one from them back in July. They wouldn't budge, and the GMs tone in his email communication was rude and terse. I was returning as a previous customer that had purchased a 2012 GT500 from them. I ended up taking my business elsewhere.

Nightmare experience.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The best way to fix dealers like this is to walk away. They must be smoking something to be charging 5k over and the cars look like the bird poop on them

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Let them keep em.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't think that having 6 in stock at the end of the model year is a good business plan. The dealer might agree with me at this stage.
Probably does agree.

I offered a dealer $1k under sticker for a Syclone a month before the first ones shipped. They laughed and said they needed $7K over sticker. When the first arrived, I offered sticker and they insisted on $5k over.

The moron SM had decided to corner the market and bought all or almost all allocations from dealers in the state and maybe a few out of the state. Moron because central AZ is not the optimal environment for these because they would only give maximum performance two early mornings each winter.

Months later, they called and agreed to my sticker offer. I told them that ship had sailed and offered $2k under. Time passed and that scenario repeated. They would eventually accept my offer and I would make a new lower offer. 11 months after the first ones arrived, I wrote a letter to the GM documenting the history and suggested they have a birthday party for the oldest one and I would bring the cake. A few days later I drove off for $7k under. 2 weeks later the SM was gone; don't know if related.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to see what high ADM's can do take a look at how many Bullitts are still out there. My dealer has three including one black Bullitt there at MSRP now.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
James was one of the first dealers I contacted about a Shelby when I was looking for one. They had one 2015 at the time (2 1/2 yrs ago) and were still on that 5k over msrp BS back then. It's inconceivable that with that many on the lot and as far along we are in the models life cycle that they really think they will get that kind of money. Oddly a co-worker of mine bought a GT500 from them a few years back and he walked away from the initial ADM offer, the dealer called him after a few days and he drove it away for under sticker. I suspect those cars will sell for less as we get closer to the end of the year.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase