OP
OP
Thatguy

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
It seems like the Snow 2.5 kit is the most popular for the EB. They don't have a car specific kit for us. They do have one for the GT. Would there be any useful reason to go with the Stage 3 or 4 over the 2.5? This is for a street car that isn't raced much and will just see the track a few times to see what it will run. Mainly just looking for more power/more fun to drive with the ability to take down some competitors if I come across them.
Sponsored

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue 2.3T/AT Mustang
No need for the more expensive kits. The 2.5 will suit you just fine. Use -25 washer fluid and call it a day. I would probably go with a #2 nozzle

You will need a dedicated charge pipe or TB spacer with provisions for a nozzle. If you do decide to use a TB (throttle body) spacer, then you will also need a solenoid. I would also recommend getting a relay kit with a 30 amp fuse.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
No need for a low level failsafe IMO. The sensor should be installed above the feed. The Snow gauge flashes when fluid gets low. For me that leaves me with a few Pints. The gauge will flash with stars if there is a leak or clog.
The low fuild sensor is installed above the feed, not sure where else you'd put it. As mentioned before, Snow Stage 3 doesn't have any built-in failsafe so it won't do anything if there's any kind of disruption. While only failsafe I have now is the low fuild level sensor and a warning LED light, I wired my setup the way I did so I can add the flow sensor that'll also automatically trigger the failsafe as soon as there's a disruption (e.g. no fluid, failed pump, hose burse, clog, etc), which will be much faster than a person noticing the warning light and lifting off of the throttle. As simple as the AEM controller was, one advantage it had was that it had a wire to trigger the failsafe. So it sounds like Stage 2.5 comes with a flow sensor and built-in failsafe that 2 and 3 lack?

wmi_wiring_diagram.PNG

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
So it sounds like Stage 2.5 comes with a flow sensor and built-in failsafe that 2 and 3 lack?
I don't think that's true. The SafeInjection unit was discontinued some time ago, and there is still no reference to it or any other kind of failsafe device on Snow's website, on the St2.5 page or elsewhere.

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True. There is no fail safe built into the 2.5 kit. The gauge will alert if the tank gets low, there is a clog or a leak. I am not sure how the system knows about the later two.
I looked into the AEM fail safe (flow gauge) and saw nothing but bad reviews.

So... both Adam, and Ryan have now suggested pure M1. The Buick guy's run pure meth too. They all say it is the easiest to tune and the most stable. Obviously. It makes the most power.

I would love to go E50 but we only have on station 25 miles away, and E fuels decrease fuel milage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thatguy

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When it comes to lines, braided or unbraided?

Sponsored

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The pushlock works fine if you cut the tubing square. Use a sharp razor blade. Obviously, braided is better, but more expensive and a bigger hassle trying to run throughout the car.
Methonal is hard on aluminum, and those fittings are anodized aluminum so I am not sure how long they will last. Best bet is to use stainless steel.
I have read that pushlock tube is pretty durable and flexible in heat. Leaks can develop in the cold though. If you can afford it and route it. Then go with braided.

OP
OP
Thatguy

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any before and after dyno or track numbers to show the performance difference between meth and no meth?

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)