Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
@dnldwd

Nice!

I do recommend shopping around different Ford dealers for the install to compare prices. Prices can vary wildly.

I’m about 4500 miles post tune and not a single transmission herky jerky incident.
Sponsored

dnldwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2016 Escape SE
Vehicle Showcase
@dnldwd

Nice!

I do recommend shopping around different Ford dealers for the install to compare prices. Prices can vary wildly.

I’m about 4500 miles post tune and not a single transmission herky jerky incident.
Thank you again, I managed to find only one dealer near me who even knows theyre allowed to do this. The first one I called gave me a long winded speech about how they were a dealer, and they couldnt do this for liability reasons etc etc.. I had to tell them that the dealership is about the only one who can do it, as far as the ford warranty is concerned. A lot of clueless dealerships out there I guess. The one I did find only wants $129 to do it, and I managed to find the tune kit for 425 online. so I think I did alright on the cost. Glad to hear the herky jerk is gone for good on yours. It sure is annoying, especially in a brand new car.
Friend: are you doing that? Me: no, its the car doing that. Friend: F***in Ford.. Me: :{

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
@dnldwd

Nice!

Any update on your review? I’m thinking to install it on my 18 PP A10.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Thank you again, I managed to find only one dealer near me who even knows theyre allowed to do this. The first one I called gave me a long winded speech about how they were a dealer, and they couldnt do this for liability reasons etc etc.. I had to tell them that the dealership is about the only one who can do it, as far as the ford warranty is concerned. A lot of clueless dealerships out there I guess. The one I did find only wants $129 to do it, and I managed to find the tune kit for 425 online. so I think I did alright on the cost. Glad to hear the herky jerk is gone for good on yours. It sure is annoying, especially in a brand new car.
Friend: are you doing that? Me: no, its the car doing that. Friend: F***in Ford.. Me: :{
My 2018 F150 2.7EB with the 10sp had the same problems- jerky and clunky in the first 3 gears. That and the auto start-stop made me get rid of it after 3 months. It was just frustrating to drive.

BlackEB2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Las Vegas the temps have been 105 - 110 degrees. So any drag mode impressions would probably be tainted. Even so, when I tried drag mode a few weeks ago the car chirps the tires when shifting, but the car did that even before the tune. I don't have any before/after 0-60 times.

On a separate, but related, note, most of the time the car is pretty damn responsive with the tune and pushes my head back in the seat. But there's the occasional "what happened?" moment when the car seems surprisingly lethargic. Maybe some combination of a certain RPM, temperature, gear, or whatever.

I had the same issue with the "the occasional "what happened?" moment when the car seems surprisingly lethargic." I installed a CVF Street Intercooler and the problem disappeared. The engine also revs much more freely now. The stock intercooler is a major restriction on these cars. BTW, mine is a 2019 EB Auto Premium.

Sponsored

dnldwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2016 Escape SE
Vehicle Showcase
So, I got my tune installed today but i am not 100% sure that it is actually installed on the car, because the "restore" option doesnt come up.. Although from the looks of my software ID file name, it is on there. Is there a sure way to know that it actually is on the car? It feels like it is shifting different in the lower range, not so jerky already and my outside temp was stuck at 52 degrees for a little bit too until it recalibrated. When I select my file with ProCal it only gives me the close file and program options.. I went ahead and reflashed it to see, and I got the "programming successful" to come up afterward with no glitches, and still I have no "restore" option to return to factory tune.

Thanks for the input

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
So, I got my tune installed today but i am not 100% sure that it is actually installed on the car, because the "restore" option doesnt come up.. Although from the looks of my software ID file name, it is on there. Is there a sure way to know that it actually is on the car? It feels like it is shifting different in the lower range, not so jerky already and my outside temp was stuck at 52 degrees for a little bit too until it recalibrated. When I select my file with ProCal it only gives me the close file and program options.. I went ahead and reflashed it to see, and I got the "programming successful" to come up afterward with no glitches, and still I have no "restore" option to return to factory tune.

Thanks for the input
I never saw a restore file or anything like that. If the PCM file has FP in the name you are good to go.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Anyone have this tune with a manual... and did a dyno pull..?

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
Anyone have this tune with a manual... and did a dyno pull..?
Not manual but...
Dyno with ATM intercooler in 95-100F temp with A10, 290 whp.

Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
whomever gets around to putting a stock 18-19 Ecoboost A10 (or manual) on a dyno for a few runs, then flash in the FP tune after a cool down and posts up back to back stock vs. FP tune run graphs... will be a hero

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
whomever gets around to putting a stock 18-19 Ecoboost A10 (or manual) on a dyno for a few runs, then flash in the FP tune after a cool down and posts up back to back stock vs. FP tune run graphs... will be a hero
I've done my 18 A10 all stock at this point, but won't be installing the FP tune for a while (sitting in a box, waiting for me to have time). Would love to be able to run stock-FPTune, stock-FMIC, FMIC-FPTune all in one day, but the logistics of my life just laugh...

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Just flashed the tune today so all my mods are now on the EcoVert. After the flash, we took the car out and the shop logged some pulls. AFR looks good and the car definitely spools up a lot faster. The car has a tank of Sunoco 93 in it and is still learning the octane values as it felt like it was hitting a fuel cut occasionally during pulls. So far, it feels pretty good. I was tempted to dyno it before and after but it's not really important to me since it's just for cruising. I will say the 122mph speed limiter is still programmed into the ECU incase anyone is wondering.

Now that the wife's EcoVert is done being modded, time for me to return my focus to Whippled GT. Thanks for all the info guys.
Sponsored

Last edited: