OP
OP
Grey03

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Did you google grattan resurface 2018? Also, do you think the grattan website will not update their site? Cmon dude. Lol. Even if it was true, that resurface was 8 years prior to last year.
Also, my track day link is from last year citing a track resurface. Cmon bro. Theres gotta be a reason ford didnt publish a fast time at grattan. Or maybe this just dont care.

Did you go to their website???? Clearly still shows pictures from 10 years ago.... Your pushing 10 year old pictures as evidence of a complete resurface.. I originally stated that the video clearly shows freshly patched areas.. Show me current, not 10 year old pictures of the fresh complete resurface and I will believe you.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Did you go to their website???? Clearly still shows pictures from 10 years ago.... Your pushing 10 year old pictures as evidence of a complete resurface.. I originally stated that the video clearly shows freshly patched areas.. Show me current, not 10 year old pictures of the fresh complete resurface and I will believe you.
Those arent my pictures, also I take the grattan site as face value and believe they recently (at least in the last year, resurfaced the track). Also, the bmw track day citing it was resurfaced. You can resort to old pictures as an excuse and believe what you want. But really, do you think a website will not update its content? So you think grattan is keeping a "Grattan Raceway has completed Resurfacing the entire track" from 2010? http://www.grattanracewaypark.com/servicesfacilities.html
I googled grattan repaved: https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?85241-Race-Track-For-Sale!!!!

In the end I only cited the difference in both ACR times, those cars are not anywhere close to putting down times within half a second. The time difference is several seconds. It just so happened that someone found repaving pics and in the video you can see the corner is a different color.

OP
OP
Grey03

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Those arent my pictures, also I take the grattan site as face value and believe they recently (at least in the last year, resurfaced the track). Also, the bmw track day citing it was resurfaced. You can resort to old pictures as an excuse and believe what you want. But really, do you think a website will not update its content? So you think grattan is keeping a "Grattan Raceway has completed Resurfacing the entire track" from 2010? http://www.grattanracewaypark.com/servicesfacilities.html
I googled grattan repaved: https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?85241-Race-Track-For-Sale!!!!

In the end I only cited the difference in both ACR times, those cars are not anywhere close to putting down times within half a second. The time difference is several seconds. It just so happened that someone found repaving pics and in the video you can see the corner is a different color.

So the date on Facebook is incorrect? Grattan is pushing old photos. They have not updated it. You can easily find the photo on their Facebook and the date it was posted. It clearly shows April of 2010. It's clear evidence that those photos are old and not current. I would trust that Facebook is pretty good at putting a date and time on a photo and that Grattan raceway is not good at updating their site. The evidence speaks for itself.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the date on Facebook is incorrect? Grattan is pushing old photos. They have not updated it. You can easily find the photo on their Facebook and the date it was posted. It clearly shows April of 2010. It's clear evidence that those photos are old and not current. I would trust that Facebook is pretty good at putting a date and time on a photo and that Grattan raceway is not good at updating their site. The evidence speaks for itself.
Not everyone uses Facebook, and since the track is for sale, I'm sure the owners are trying to put lipstick on a pig to make it look good.
Actually, since you use FB, why dont you ask the regulars the last time the track was paved. I'd be very surprised if it was back in 2009 or 2010.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So what you are saying is that the track was just resurfaced prior to the GT500 on this video? It must have been the worst resurfacing ever. You can clearly see freshly patched areas on the corners surrounded by lighter, older material. Also the straightaway is clearly covered with seam and crack filler. If the track was just resurfaced in the fall as you are eluding to it wouldn't need to be seam and crack filled a couple of months later... That picture from the raceway could be years old.
no, you dont understand, the gt500 is heavy failure of a pig. there is no debating that

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Different tracks bud, you have to AT LEAST compare times accomplished on the same tracks. Lol, you must be old because you are stubborn AF. Go ahead and look up zr1 times in grattan, you wont find a 2019 zr1. You will find a zr1 from 10 years ago tho.
lol. so old that i dont believe everything a fanboy says, sure.

as previously posted, that refresh is a few years old, same as the vipers time, which was #1. that #1 car and driver are #3 at VIR east yes? so its a very fast and very capable setup

so its logical to say they are a 10/10 . the GT500 just entered a ring you all thought it couldnt handle, and is landing blows left and right.

what will it do at VIR east, if its already faster than the #3 setup?

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol. so old that i dont believe everything a fanboy says, sure.

as previously posted, that refresh is a few years old, same as the vipers time, which was #1. that #1 car and driver are #3 at VIR east yes? so its a very fast and very capable setup

so its logical to say they are a 10/10 . the GT500 just entered a ring you all thought it couldnt handle, and is landing blows left and right.

what will it do at VIR east, if its already faster than the #3 setup?
The only fanboy here is you, you are defending a car that has not released real world results, meaning they have not been tested by anyone other than Ford.

We should make a bet, if the GT500 is in the company (within 1-2 seconds) of the ZR1 and Viper ACR at VIR (VIR laptimes), it will need to clock in at 2:40.2 OR FASTER. If it does, I will quit this site.
If the GT500 doesnt lap faster than 2:40.2, you have to quit this site.
C'mon easy bet right? I mean "logical to say they are a 10/10" "landing blows left and right" and all that other bs, I mean a heavier car with better brakes should have more grip in the corners right?

Lol already faster than #3... wtf list are you looking at, no way in fucking hell is a gt500 faster than a 720s.

Edit: shit, even 2:42 or faster. Basically be quicker than the Ford GT at VIR according to https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014
LOL :D

Last edited:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
The only fanboy here is you, you are defending a car that has not released real world results, meaning they have not been tested by anyone other than Ford.

We should make a bet, if the GT500 is in the company (within 1-2 seconds) of the ZR1 and Viper ACR at VIR (VIR laptimes), it will need to clock in at 2:40.2 OR FASTER. If it does, I will quit this site.
C'mon easy bet right? I mean "logical to say they are a 10/10" "landing blows left and right" and all that other bs, I mean a heavier car with better brakes should have more grip in the corners right?

Lol already faster than #3... wtf list are you looking at, no way in fucking hell is a gt500 faster than a 720s.

Bet is the GT500 will lap 2:40.2 or faster.
I’m right here with ya. I’m not an any way saying the 500 won’t be fast, I do believe it’ll be slightly faster than the ZL1, but to believe it’s going to be faster than an ACR, ZR1, etc based on a guy stop watching a YouTube video is tough! Let’s see when MT and randy drive it. I’m sure that’s not too far away.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m right here with ya. I’m not an any way saying the 500 won’t be fast, I do believe it’ll be slightly faster than the ZL1, but to believe it’s going to be faster than an ACR, ZR1, etc based on a guy stop watching a YouTube video is tough! Let’s see when MT and randy drive it. I’m sure that’s not too far away.
No kidding, these guys are fanboys by every sense of the word. No logic either, like huh no shit. A car with equal power, but lighter weight and more grip and more down force is capable of doing that?
Now since Ford reported a fast 0-100-0 time and it has big brakes and a DCT, all the sudden its something remarkable and is comparable to the ACR and ZR1 because of this Grattan time??? LOL give me a fucking break.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
No kidding, these guys are fanboys by every sense of the word. No logic either, like huh no shit. A car with equal power, but lighter weight and more grip and more down force is capable of doing that? But since Ford reported a fast 0-100-0 time and it has big brakes and a DCT, all the sudden its something truly new and remarkable? LOL give me a fucking break.
Are you not capable of trying to get your point across without using all sorts of offensive language as myself and many others on this forum don't appreciate your repeated use of rude four letter language.

Not sure where our moderators are but if it was me you and a couple of others on here would be long gone from our forum based on your abusive and offensive language.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
No kidding, these guys are fanboys by every sense of the word. No logic either, like huh no shit. A car with equal power, but lighter weight and more grip and more down force is capable of doing that?
Now since Ford reported a fast 0-100-0 time and it has big brakes and a DCT, all the sudden its something remarkable and is comparable to the ACR and ZR1 because of this Grattan time??? LOL give me a fucking break.
If the new GT500 is that bad, why are you here? Scared your Geo Metro ZR1 or Dodge Dart ACR might be inadequate? LOL

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the new GT500 is that bad, why are you here? Scared your Geo Metro ZR1 or Dodge Dart ACR might be inadequate? LOL
I never said it was bad, im here like you, im interested in the car. I'm just realistic with my expectations.
If it does exceed mine which is equal ZR1 laptimes (highly unlikely) I will probably be more vested in getting one.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Edit: shit, even 2:42 or faster. Basically be quicker than the Ford GT at VIR according to https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014
LOL :D
Another fun little thread. I do like the thunder dome, leave the forum forever! death match bet!

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
FE10C2FB-DC9B-469A-B01C-2544C68FC9ED.gif
Another fun little thread. I do like the thunder dome, leave the forum forever! death match bet!
“Two Men Enter! One Man Leave!” Geo Metro ZR1 and Dodge Dart ACR people be like......
Sponsored

Last edited: