kwbasshamjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1, '16 F150 XLT 4WD 5.0
I just added this to my cleaning kit.

e5.jpg

e6.jpg

This Gyeon brush is the smaller of two available. It's still a bit of a squeeze for the PP1 wheels and rotors but does a good job and is handy for cleaning the brake calipers too.
@DFB5.0
Are your wheels in good shape? Ie, no swirl marks, etc.? These wheels are painted and I'm assuming need the same kind of care that the car's panels require to keep in great condition. The material on these brushes doesn't appear to be MF, but a synthetic wool and I wouldn't use it on a car's painted panel. I just got my 2019 PP1 car in June and am starting to clean it more often and trying to decide the best method for these rims. Everyone raves about woolies but I can't get past the fact that these are painted just like your car. Or are they?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I get your point, especially with the kind of dirt and brake dust that gets on them. Just clean your wheels carefully, then wax them, and then they will hold up to woolies just fine. Worked for me.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0
Are your wheels in good shape? Ie, no swirl marks, etc.? These wheels are painted and I'm assuming need the same kind of care that the car's panels require to keep in great condition. The material on these brushes doesn't appear to be MF, but a synthetic wool and I wouldn't use it on a car's painted panel. I just got my 2019 PP1 car in June and am starting to clean it more often and trying to decide the best method for these rims. Everyone raves about woolies but I can't get past the fact that these are painted just like your car. Or are they?
The wheels are in good shape and like mentioned, I also coat them in a wheel sealant for added protection.

The Gyeon brush is a microfibre material, although I can understand the concern about the synthetic wheel woolies.

At the end of the day, these wheels are hard to maintain and I suppose I'm doing my best to keep them looking clean without taking them off at each wash.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I use a similar device but I also had my wheels ceramic coated......but then again its a wheel...the easier it is to clean the better.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I bought these on eBay for a total of $12.00 and not $50.00. Both are 17 inches long and are microfiber.
BRUSH1.jpg
I bought these as well. For me, the blue one does not work as well as I thought because I can't get it to reach behind the spokes... it's too wide and therefore it's length is pointless. Not sure if I will use it. I might try bending it into a V shape for more effective cleaning of the spokes. Still waiting on the yellow one to arrive.

OP
OP
JimsFury

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
I bought these as well. For me, the blue one does not work as well as I thought because I can't get it to reach behind the spokes... it's too wide and therefore it's length is pointless. Not sure if I will use it. I might try bending it into a V shape for more effective cleaning of the spokes. Still waiting on the yellow one to arrive.
Mine works great, when washing my rims I put the blue into the larger holes in the rims and work it back and forth but I have to admit it takes about 15-20 minutes per rim to properly wash them, nothing comes easy washing these rims.

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Honestly bro just give up on trying to keep them clean it will drive u insane... You'll spend hours cleaning them then take 1 drive around the block and the amount of brake dust the pads generate makes them look like they havent been washed in months...

Just embrace the dust. These cars are built for driving not showrooms and garages

OP
OP
JimsFury

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
Honestly bro just give up on trying to keep them clean it will drive u insane... You'll spend hours cleaning them then take 1 drive around the block and the amount of brake dust the pads generate makes them look like they havent been washed in months...

Just embrace the dust. These cars are built for driving not showrooms and garages

That doesnt mean you cant get your Mustang as clean as possible, driven or not.
Sponsored