Borla Atak with touring muffler?

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
As per title does anyone run this? I want to buy the touring exhaust by borla but been offered the atak for ok money. If I added the touring muffler would it still be silly loud? I assume the back boxes are different to the ones that come with the touring hence why its ridiculously loud!
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The borla touring cat back with the associated resonator sounds great, plenty loud enough. It's the one recommend by American Muscle. Go for quality over dB quantity

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not quite but i have the ford performance borla touring cat back, which comes with the xpipe.

Absolutely adore it, not aggressively loud but produces a real racy growl (that’s how i’d describe it), had a nice amount of rasp to it too. Quiet when you want it to but extremely enjoyable when you get on it

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
The borla touring cat back with the associated resonator sounds great, plenty loud enough. It's the one recommend by American Muscle. Go for quality over dB quantity
This ^

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Thanks guys. What I was wondering if I bought it I could swap the xpipe for this https://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-touring-resonator-muffer-1517-gt.html but didn't know if it would sound a lot louder than buying the dedicated borla touring with this piece already included. I think the stock sound is way to quiet except when cold. I want that kind if volume all the time

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
You need the borla touring car back and the associated resonator. Basically I wouldn't go for x/h-pipe. It's much louder than stock even without x/h pipe (enough to turn heads!) and adds to the Mustang burble.
Sponsored