Sponsored

Back seat - useful or useless?

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Definitely useful, just not as an adult size passenger seat. I use the seat to put other things, not people. That is why I did not do a seat delete and 4 point roll bar. I would not be able to get things in and out of the back "seat."
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
It's useful. As sound insulation from road noise.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Kids - yes. I am 5'10" and can't sit straight (tried once to see).
I'm 6ft / 200 lbs I can sit back there no problem. Top of my head just touches the roof.

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I can fit both my kids in the back with their booster seats , they are 5 and 7 years old. They have plenty of room and should be good for several years. I love that the stang has a backseat , should get several years of use out of it before the kids would be too large to be comfortable

Sponsored

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Now that's a nice tidy garage. I like the towel rack.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
In the two years I have owned my current mustang, only my dad has sat in the back seat, and he is 6'2" tall, but only about 170 lbs. He said it wasn't too bad, but he was only back there for maybe 20 minutes. Of course, my 5' tall mom was in the passenger seat, so she was able to move her seat all the way up so he had plenty of leg room. Me being 6' tall, no one would be able to sit behind me.

This is my third mustang, and to be honest, I think that was the only time I ever had any one in the back seat of any of them. I really want to get a rear seat delete kit, but the only thing holding me back is then I have to find someplace to store the seats, I have enough crap in my house already.

Doug

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
My munchkins fit back there for now, primarily the reason i got the mustang vs a Corvette
IMG953246.jpg

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Looks like if your taller than 42" the back seat areas are impossible to deal with - am I wrong?
The back seats look cool and are great for suppressing road noise. But thats all they're for.

They arent actual seats because there is zero leg room. Not even kids fit in them. They are great for pets though and putting random junkand luggage on

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thread has 2 posters. Poster 1 who says they’re factually completely useless, like they’re stating the earth is flat. Poster 2 who uses them regularly for small humans and even post pictures. Good stuff

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
....’67 fastback with fold down rear seat option.
Women with SUVs with 3rd rows that fold flat. My Mustang exhaust supplies the mood music.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My driver seat is kept all the way back, the seat bottom lowered in the back all the way so it is right up against the rear seat bottom. The seat back behind mine is kept flipped open and it rests between my head rest and seat back for "spirited listening" of the Shaker Pro. The passenger seat is kept 6" from all the way back, because I store some items on the floor behind the passenger seat. If someone were to try to sit back there, I'd need to have a short front passenger and find a temporary spot for my weapons, I mean stuff that I keep on the floor. :sun:
Sponsored