Video of Track Days

Jay'sGtCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang GT
When using Track Addict. How do you guys get videos uploaded with telemetry?
Sponsored

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
Race render software is what is supposed to work well with track addict. However, I've not been successful linking the speed, etc with my gopro videos. So I'm just subscribing for more info.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
With Track Addict on your phone install RaceRender 3 on your computer. When you record a video with TrackAddict and you're getting data it will manage all that for you. Track Addict can connect to a bluetooth OBDII adapter, just don't get a cheap one they don't work, but I don't believe it is necessary to do that if you only want basic data like speed, heading that it can get from the phone, it just allows access to a lot more data on what the car is doing coming from the OBDII/Canbus systems.

These two pieces of software know how to talk on a wifi network, or through USB. Both methods seem a bit hit and miss, it will often take a few tries to get it successfully moved, but it does work just be patient and keep restarting it. To move it over from the phone in RaceRender's opening screen on the bottom right side there is a button marked "TrackAddictXFer". Use that to initiate a transfer, it will bring over all the pieces needed to make a data overlaid video. Make sure you save it as Project File as soon as you get it open in RaceRender3.

It takes some work to get used to using this but I find it the best of any of the video/data solutions that I tried. I don't know how any of this works with a GoPro or anything but an Android phone. To me, the phone was the simplest solution. Track Addict also does some useful analysis right on the phone. I don't really care how fabulous the video is, I was more concerned about getting the data overlaid on a video and using an Android phone is the simplest way to do this that I know of. And who doesn't have one?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jay'sGtCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang GT
I have also been trying to figure out how to get my telemetry that is on the video. transferred to where I can upload it to Facebook or social media. Can someone please help me out with this.
I have ordered a OBD - one that track Addict recommended. So I should have the right equipment.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I have also been trying to figure out how to get my telemetry that is on the video. transferred to where I can upload it to Facebook or social media. Can someone please help me out with this.
I have ordered a OBD - one that track Addict recommended. So I should have the right equipment.
When you use Race Render/TrackAddict's built in ability to export from the source hardware (in my case a phone) to Race Render on the PC it will bring over all the data and video. You're going to end up with:

1./an .rrp file that is the project file once you save the project

2./an .mp4 that is the raw video - file name will be like this "Log-20190815-092452 Canadian Tire - GP Circuit - 1.35.005.mp4". That's the entire video from the source.

3./a .csv file that has the data named similar to "Log-20190815-092452 Canadian Tire - GP Circuit - 1.35.005.csv" - that's the file that contains all the telemetry.

4./you may also end up with a .txt file that may or may not have zero data in it.

Race Render takes all that and combines it into the final video which will also be an MP4 file once you save your project and create the final video, all the data is going to be embedded in it. Just know where you told Race Render to store the data and it will be there, usually it is in your Documents folder in a folder called RaceRender3.

OP
OP

Jay'sGtCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang GT
When you use Race Render/TrackAddict's built in ability to export from the source hardware (in my case a phone) to Race Render on the PC it will bring over all the data and video. You're going to end up with:

1./an .rrp file that is the project file once you save the project

2./an .mp4 that is the raw video - file name will be like this "Log-20190815-092452 Canadian Tire - GP Circuit - 1.35.005.mp4". That's the entire video from the source.

3./a .csv file that has the data named similar to "Log-20190815-092452 Canadian Tire - GP Circuit - 1.35.005.csv" - that's the file that contains all the telemetry.

4./you may also end up with a .txt file that may or may not have zero data in it.

Race Render takes all that and combines it into the final video which will also be an MP4 file once you save your project and create the final video, all the data is going to be embedded in it. Just know where you told Race Render to store the data and it will be there, usually it is in your Documents folder in a folder called RaceRender3.
Thank you very much. I've played with it some. tI go the video uploaded but not the data file. But at the time of upload. I was unsure what the data file was. But I figured it out when I uploaded it and I had no data. But hopefully I will have time this week to try it again.
Thanks again.
Sponsored