Sponsored

Convertible owners that completely removed the sound tube...

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
So how would you describe the change in sound? I don't really have a problem with the sound tube. I haven't found it particularly inconvenient when checking the oil but the tube itself does seem to clutter things up.
To be totally honest, I can’t really say. I did a partial removal waaaay back. So the sound had been blocked from entering the cabin for a couple of years. I just only got around to the complete removal within The last few months. I do recall it made the cabin quieter, but can’t be really clear on the difference. My main reason for the tone removal was to get rid of some “under the hood” clutter. There is enough crap under the hood as it is, removing the tube does help give the bay a cleaner look. “Bjstang”, one of the members here, has a valve installed in line with his, so he can switch the sound in and out at any time. I think he would be a better person to ask
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It's pretty subtle, and I could only hear a difference with the top up. For me, it was like a faint sound of a vacuum cleaner, kind of like a sucking/swooshing sound way off in the distance. Without it, I got a slightly "cleaner" sound from the exhaust.

I figured, removing it is super cheap, there was a tiny improvement in sound, it makes the engine bay way cleaner (and in my '16, I was running an aftermarket intake tube* that didn't even have a hookup for it).

* Shameless plug: it's for sale too :)