Sponsored

Ford Performance selling HPP turbo

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
I'd be interested to see if this plays well with the current tune they offer or if you buy this and already have the procal tune if they'd offer an update for a fee...

Either way I'm interested in inquiring more about it.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Thanks for sharing this, very interested. Also hoping they will offer an upgrade to the FP Tune to work with this.

Deleted member

Not a bad price either, I'd like to see what its capable of on the dyno, but with a Vargas stage 2 being $1600 it's gonna be a tough choice.
tenor.gif

Sponsored

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Just got off the phone with a FP rep. He is telling me that this is meant to be used with a pro tune and not the FP tune. I asked if FP had any plans to release an updated tune to work with this and he stated that he did not know. Sooooooo...... I dunno what to do now lol. Because as much as I love the FP tune it'd be lovely to have more power on the stock block and this seems to be the answer. And I'd take this over a vargas.

Reactions: Cxp

Deleted member

Just got off the phone with a FP rep. He is telling me that this is meant to be used with a pro tune and not the FP tune. I asked if FP had any plans to release an updated tune to work with this and he stated that he did not know. Sooooooo...... I dunno what to do now lol. Because as much as I love the FP tune it'd be lovely to have more power on the stock block and this seems to be the answer. And I'd take this over a vargas.
Get rid of the FP tune, get pro tuned and never look back. The FP tune is garbage.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I will stick with the FP Tune and will definitely get this turbo if FP provides the tune for it. While the FP tune isn't going to give the most power, it provides a decent safe bump in power and eliminates that flat spot on the top end.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Based on the compressor wheel sizing they provided, you're basically looking at the FoRS turbo that's been modified to work with the Mustang. That's not a bad price either. I only wish they would have enlarged the turbine side as well.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
"For off-road use only."

I'm guessing that's some kind of legalese term that will be widely ignored?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
@w3rkn
Did FP say it requires new pistons and cams?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
FP is probably listing the cams and pistons as a CYA type of statement. Limiting exposure of responsibility for someone doing something stupid.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There is no such thing as *requires* cams and pistons.
Now to have any reasonable chance of maximizing what the turbo can produce (at least in theory), then sure all that extra potential simply isn't reachable with stock cams and pistons and only in that narrow sense is it "required".
The problem with the stock turbo is the engine falls on it's face past 4500(?) RPM because the turbo can't keep up - at least that's my impression. The bigger turbo likely extends the range of the torque plateau 1000 RPM before it too drops off. The only reason it's not smog/road legal is because FP can't be arsed to produce a suitable map and I suspect the power curves would essentially overlap. The FP map will work just fine, just you won't maximize the utility. Any competent tuner can produce a road-legal map in the narrow sense of smog emissions. In locales where the manufacturer has to submit a device for gov't certification, it'll still be illegal no matter the smog compliance.
Sponsored