CJ Pony Parts / ACCELATEC Taillight Panel Molding

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Within the past month I purchased the ACCELATEC (a dba of CJPP) Taillight Panel Molding for my 2015 S550 GT. I took it to my dealership to be installed. After the install was complete, the dealership body shop told me that there was a wider gap on both sides between the tail light housing, and the bottom lip did not line up with the edges of the tail lights. I requested that they remove the new panel and reinstall my factory plate. I submitted an online return request since I could not get an answer by phone. CJPP then requested that I send pictures to prove there was a gap. I explained that the Accelatec panel was not on the car. CJPP then requested pictures of the panel to ensure that it was as new and to determine if they would take it back. I explained that legally they can't sell it as new, but I sent in the pictures. I called CJPP again and was able to speak with a rep and asked why the run around on returning the panel. This rep said very little, looked up my account and sent me a return label. I then received another email from the first rep asking me to send pictures of the double-sided tape on the back of the panel. I replied that there wasn't any double stick tape since this was not an overlay, but a complete panel replacement. I also advised him that I'd been given a return label and the panel had been returned. According to UPS, the panel was delivered 8/28. I have purchased other items from CJPP and have returned 1 item prior to this. CJPP has no problem selling, it's the returning and customer service where they need improvement. I've posted this review in the hopes it will save others the hassle I had to go through. BTW, the panel has a manufacture stamp of Drake which was never disclosed. Lastly, I've submitted my review of this panel to CJPP twice and they refuse to post it. So keep that in mind when reading reviews on their site.
Sponsored