I would love a sponsor to do a test...

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So it would be so nice for a sponsor to have 3 customers stock A10 cars run at the track on the same day..
All canned out out the box tunes and superchargers from Roush, Edelbrock and Whipple..

Would love to see the ET at the same track, same day, on the same tire plus a 25 to 30 mile drive on thr street to see overall the clear winner.Again only the manufactures out of the box tune, no aftermarket tune and only 91/93 octane

We can wish but I dont think we will see this happen....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Probably more trouble than it's worth, Boost is boost and that's a drivers race that you probably won't get much info from. I'm not sure it would benefit the vendors here either to prove one brand is better than another as it would probably affect sales and be blown way out of proportion.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Probably more trouble than it's worth, Boost is boost and that's a drivers race that you probably won't get much info from. I'm not sure it would benefit the vendors here either to prove one brand is better than another as it would probably affect sales and be blown way out of proportion.
What do you mean by boost is boost?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That would be very interesting

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What do you mean by boost is boost?
The differences in those 3 kits if all else is the same aren't very far apart. The Power bands are so close the deciding factor would be the drivers.

As the forums say, the TVs would hit harder but the Whipple would breathe more up top and if we're talking stock kits with no extras, it still comes down to the driver and probably the lane.

It could be fun night out just to have fun but you'd need dozens of passes by a lot of cars with EXACTLY the same mods to pull the data for statistical use. How many people who are interested in this data actually only add a stock blower kit alone?

YOMV, I'm not fighting a war about this.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
The differences in those 3 kits if all else is the same aren't very far apart. The Power bands are so close the deciding factor would be the drivers.

As the forums say, the TVs would hit harder but the Whipple would breathe more up top and if we're talking stock kits with no extras, it still comes down to the driver and probably the lane.

It could be fun night out just to have fun but you'd need dozens of passes by a lot of cars with EXACTLY the same mods to pull the data for statistical use. How many people who are interested in this data actually only add a stock blower kit alone?

YOMV, I'm not fighting a war about this.
Def would be interesting. PBD posted up whipple and Edelbrock Dyno comparison data. Have you seen any cfm numbers out there for PD blowers? Centri and turbo manufacturers disclose this data.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Put one driver in all three cars...

Here's my reasoning, I don't think it will hurt sales on one kit vs the other 2

I bet the cars run virtually the same ET on canned tunes provided by each companies kit.
So my point to the whole debate is if your not modifying and keeping a warranty, Pick your poison..

And that really prove one isn't better than another given out of the box Stage 1 kits...
Now modded, the edelbrock or whipple would come out on top but we're not looking for that test

I'd love to see a sponsor do this, would be very interesting...

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Then throw a Procharger car in there to whip em all. Hehe. Jk procharger canned tune blows.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Def would be interesting. PBD posted up whipple and Edelbrock Dyno comparison data. Have you seen any cfm numbers out there for PD blowers? Centri and turbo manufacturers disclose this data.
Kenne bell & procharger are the only ones I’ve seen talk about cfm flow. I asked whipped about it a few weeks ago and all he said was what was listed in their marketing wank. ( even then only referring to their Cooler size)

I still haven’t made up my mind what I’m doing yet for a power adder.. I haven’t had a f/I coyote yet but my biggest complaint of the coyote is it’s lack of low end grunt on the street light to light. I’d love an f1-a or a 3.6l kb but the simpleness of a stg2 whipper seems to make the most sense even though I know it’ll probably run out of breathe before the 4 digit mark I’m eventually going to want to hit.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If low end grunt light to light is what your seeking a TVS blower is your answer.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I think you would see whipple and edelbrock very similar, i think the roush would be just a little bit behind ,, maybe a couple tenths.

As I always say, i don't think there is a bad choice on any of these cars. Coyote plus power adder equals fun!!!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Edelbrock tune is really conservative. I'd say whipple 1 st, e-force 2nd and Roush 3rd. A even better test is to make 3 or 4 runs back to back and see who is on top then!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
One driver. Ill volunteer. :)new M/Ts on all 3 cars. 4 runs apiece. Besr average wins. I like it.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Maybe we could sneak in a Hellion twin turbo car as part of the same test :sunglasses:
Sponsored