imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have definitely been slacking with the updates but here we go. I will break it into two post since its quite a bit. I'll start it off by saying when I lowered the car to the ground, I realized there was NO WAY my IC piping wasn't getting ripped off in a day so I knew I had to change the routing.

full.jpg

As you can see by this image that piping was basically on the ground. I love how the car looks low and I didn't want to raise it so I decided to route it the way all the other kits do which is up past the suspension. I really didn't want to do this but its the only logical way besides running the piping up into the engine bay. It is now higher and close to the wheel so I don't see how it could scrape on anything since it will raise with the tire.

full.jpg

After this was fixed I moved onto the top intercooler pipe. I went with 3 inch tubing since the IC outlet was 3 inch but realized afterwards this is NOT big enough for the MAF. After doing some research I learned the stock MAF will max out at 5-7 psi which is slightly less than I will be running. Now I am still going to try to tune it the way it is but if I am maxing out the MAF to early I will just convert everything to a 4 inch pipe. Also, before any comments I know my engine bay is FILTHY. It's almost like the previous owner drove through dust fields everyday for fun. That will be cleaned up as soon as all of this is finished.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Surprisingly, my bumper and splash guards fit back with no modifications. There was a lot more room under there than I thought.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Now that I had the complete IC setup complete it was time to move onto the downpipes which I will do in a separate post.

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The next and final big task was the downpipes. There isn't to much to say about these except my original fear was they were going to drag on everything because of how low they were. They hang about an inch or so lower than the frame rails. Unfortunately, I didn't take any "build" pics of these like I originally planned but here is the final product. One side has 3 o2 sensors and that's because one is for my AEM wideband gauge. Not really sure what else to say about these so I will just upload a bunch of pictures of the setup, haha.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

This is where I am currently at the car is basically done at this point. I did fire it up tonight and drove it around for about an hour and it drives great. I did not get into boost I will start tuning on it next week so stay tuned for that. I am going to attempt to do it myself but if the system ends up being too complicated I will reach out to a local tuner and have him take care of it for me. Oh and also if you decide to drive around without a front bumper like I did today, please remember to tie up your splash guards lol.

full.jpg
full.jpg

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I did the same thing to my inner fenders! Ugh

Gotta buy new ones

Dude it looks great, very nice job

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
This is amazing. In less than a month you've fabbed up your own twin turbo kit.

Some of you guys have so much talent.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
"Custom Twin Turbo Kit Under 4k"

Not. Possible.

Sponsored

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
"Custom Twin Turbo Kit Under 4k"

Not. Possible.
So are you just getting your post count up by shitting on random posts or do you have something constructive to add?
Keep in mind that the dude is a fabricator and isn't taking into account the labor involved.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
So are you just getting your post count up by shitting on random posts or do you have something constructive to add?
Keep in mind that the dude is a fabricator and isn't taking into account the labor involved.
But what he is saying is not incorrect. It is a custom twin turbo kit for under $4k....

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
But what he is saying is not incorrect. It is a custom twin turbo kit for under $4k....
The OP is absolutely correct. The dude above stating it isn't possible is wrong. It's impossible for HIM to have a twin kit for under 4k. If you have the tools and skills, it's easy to come in under 4k for materials.

To the OP, kit looks good. Nice fab work.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
The OP is absolutely correct. The dude above stating it isn't possible is wrong. It's impossible for HIM to have a twin kit for under 4k. If you have the tools and skills, it's easy to come in under 4k for materials.

To the OP, kit looks good. Nice fab work.
Sorry meant to hit reply on the other guys post

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Cool build. What are some of the "complete" kits that don't need further Modifications that push the turbos out wide like that? Are On3's still crap? I don't like the Hellion kit push in close in front.
Sponsored