Sponsored

New 2019; Magneride Is Sweet

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Bought it.

I'm certain Kona Blue isn't the color for me, as it clearly needs to be kept clean to look good.

But, other than that........what a car. The small, detail improvements over my 2016 car add up to quite an impressive difference in driving dynamics.

The Magneride is fantastic, but Normal isn't soft enough for the rough streets of DC. Track is amazing, and I'd say the body control is damn near as good as my previous car with all the Steeda stuff, but with a much better ride. There's no float, great control, and much, much less impact harshness. The MP4Ss might have a lot to do with that though.

The 301A is a great package. It skips the weight of the heated/cooled seats, but gives a much nicer environment with the Sync 3 and better sound system, which is a major improvement over the base stereo in my last car. I'm just getting into what Sync 3 does, because I need a new charging cable for my Android phone. I had missed the MyColor feature, it's nice to have that back.

The clutch, transmission, adjustable exhaust....all tremendous improvements. It shifts great, the pedal is lighter, the clutch engagement is much better, the exhaust can be quiet or loud. But......when set in Quiet mode, once you romp on the throttle the exhaust just opens up and bellows, doesn't stay quiet when you're hammering it. I do like that the car is silent inside when cruising on the freeway. The taller gears seem fine, definitely nice to see lower RPMs on the freeway.

As far as the engine, there's definitely more torque, lower in the RPM range. But, as many others have complained, these cars just don't feel that fast. Objectively, that's because the suspension/chasis/body control/tires are so good, the car just isn't scary. My 2012 GT Brembo car scared the ever-living shit out of me, with 80+HP less, whenever I wanted it to, because the suspension and tires were shit. The car was just all over the road. These cars don't do that, much more of a cruiser/GTer. I can definitely see this car would make a NY to LA run a pure joy.

I'm exhausted. Drove many hours last night, then was up this morning at 4AM to drive again.

The best way I can sum-up this car, is that it needs nothing. Doesn't need a tune, doesn't need suspension mods, doesn't need the trans fluid changed, doesn't need anything. Near as I can tell, it's perfect just the way it is. And since every time in the past I've modded something to address one issue, a new issue was created, I'm very glad for that.

ETA; found a charging cable for my phone. I wish the phone was 100% controllable from Sync 3 when plugged in. Using Waze is great though. Who the hell would pay for Nav?
Congrats on the new car. Yes Kona is a bit difficult to keep clean. Not as bad as black, but close. When it is clean it looks awesome. Magneride is worth every penny. If you are not going to track it often or drag race, you really won't get a lot of benefit from adding to it. Just depends on how you like the car to feel I think.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I considered the A10, but I enjoy the connection to the car that comes with shifting.
You da man......could not have said it better myself. Now if you go and drag it at a strip on a regular basis, sure the A10 is better, but for every day (non traffic filled) driving, I would never want an auto. I guess others just don't like the shifting though and that is where the auto comes in handy.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Another observation;

The new car smell; you can get a whiff of it outside the car.

Very strong.
LOL yeah....only problem is keeping the inside of the windows clean as the gases just keep fogging it up. The rear glass is a real pain in the azz!

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
LOL yeah....only problem is keeping the inside of the windows clean as the gases just keep fogging it up. The rear glass is a real pain in the azz!
Yep....I've had many new cars. Same thing every time. I had to clean the inside of the glass this morning.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Congrats NoVa, the car is beautiful. Kona is an awesome color. The best thing is that you bought exactly what you wanted. Enjoy it, use it in good health, and go beat the hell out of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Congrats NoVa, the car is beautiful. Kona is an awesome color. The best thing is that you bought exactly what you wanted. Enjoy it, use it in good health, and go beat the hell out of it.
Thank you. I've been practicing my "beat it" break-in techniques for the motor.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
That rear window was a pain until a forum member told me to put down the back seats and go in through the trunk. Easy peasy!

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Very nice! It's a beautiful car. I would have gotten DIB if they still offered it

It's good to hear you like it - getting new features on such an expensive item is always something that makes me nervous, so I like to hear it when it works out well.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That rear window was a pain until a forum member told me to put down the back seats and go in through the trunk. Easy peasy!
I don't.......ummm......how, exactly, does that work? I must not be understanding properly. You.....like.....lay-down in the trunk or something?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I don't.......ummm......how, exactly, does that work? I must not be understanding properly. You.....like.....lay-down in the trunk or something?
Yup, you understand just fine. Lay down on your back in the trunk. I’d take a picture but since I look like an idiot just standing up.........:cwl::crackup:

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Congrats man- I just traded my '15 for a Velocity Blue '19 PP1 with Magneride and active exhaust. I get a big stupid grin on my face whenever I get on the road now. It's quite the difference.

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Yep....I've had many new cars. Same thing every time. I had to clean the inside of the glass this morning.
My car was purchased on 5/24 and it still reeks of new car. I've put air fresheners in it. I've got 2k on the car and 900 of those miles were driving it home from the dealer.
Sponsored